Puke

1,974 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by PabloSerna
Saint Pablo
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/26/opinion/pope-francis-covid.html

Quote:

Some groups protested, refusing to keep their distance, marching against travel restrictions as if measures that governments must impose for the good of their people constitute some kind of political assault on autonomy or personal freedom!

Quote:

It is all too easy for some to take an idea in this case, for example, personal freedom and turn it into an ideology, creating a prism through which they judge everything.

craigernaught
AG
Riveting commentary. Thanks.
Saint Pablo
craigernaught said:

Oops didn't mean to post without quotes or commentary. I had a goof on mobile since I was trying to open the article on my laptop, but NYT had it behind a paywall.

I am just generally sick of Pope Francis and about everything that he has to say.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Typhoid Mary did nothing wrong!
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
craigernaught
AG
Saint Pablo said:

craigernaught said:

Oops didn't mean to post without quotes or commentary. I had a goof on mobile since I was trying to open the article on my laptop, but NYT had it behind a paywall.

I am just generally sick of Pope Francis and about everything that he has to say.

The quotes are helpful in figuring out your displeasure. Thanks for the edit/update.

I too find myself annoyed by a few things in the article, particularly what you highlighted, but there are some good things in there.
Saint Pablo
craigernaught said:

Saint Pablo said:

craigernaught said:

The quotes are helpful in figuring out your displeasure. Thanks for the edit/update.

I too find myself annoyed by a few things in the article, particularly what you highlighted, but there are some good things in there.
I agree there are some good ideas in there. I think the general idea of striving to be more unified and looking out for others are both good, but a lot of those ideas fall on deaf ears when he feels the need to speak out politically the way that he does.
Post removed:
by user
747Ag
AG
Saint Pablo
AstroAg17 said:

What's your litmus for describing speech as political vs religious?
Political was the wrong word. Politics and religion are intertwined.
Saint Pablo
https://babylonbee.com/news/pope-francis-says-covid-vaccine-will-now-be-required-to-enter-heaven
chimpanzee
Wait until he reads about the 14th century. He may want to make reservations in Avignon.

Subjugation of personal freedom to disingenuous governments does not have a good track record of outcomes, but His Holiness focuses on intentions way more than outcomes.

swimmerbabe11
747 check your email please
Patriot101
Saint Pablo said:

AstroAg17 said:

What's your litmus for describing speech as political vs religious?
Political was the wrong word. Politics and religion are intertwined.

Absolutely a connection...

(Oh, no single piece of our mental world is to be hermetically sealed off from the rest, and there is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry: 'Mine! ') By Abraham Kuyper

(Oh, no single piece of our mental world is to be interpretively sealed off from the rest, and there is not a square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry: 'Mine! ') By Abraham Kuyper

I changed hermeneutically to interpretively.
PabloSerna
AG
Saint Pablo said:

craigernaught said:

No really tell us how you feel about the man...lol!

+++

In all seriousness, why such hatred towards a man that has taken a vow to serve God's people? It's like my kids at mass here in Bastrop. The choir is not the same as the choir at the Cathedral in Austin. So when they (Bastrop choir) start singing the Sanctus -well let's just say my kids make a face :-)

My youngest one likes to say, "Cowboy Church!" I'm cool with that.

+pablo

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.