Confession in the New Testament

755 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Thaddeus73
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
According to the bible, confession of one's sins involves another human being, and not just you and God in private...

John 20:22-23: And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and said to them, "Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive the sins of any, they are forgiven; if you retain the sins of any, they are retained."

1 Timothy 6:12: Fight the good fight of the faith; take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made the good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

Mark 1:5: And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.

Matthew 3:6: and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins

2 Corinthians 5:18: All this is from God, who through Christ reconciled us to himself and gave us the ministry of reconciliation; 19: that is, God was in Christ reconciling the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation

James 5:16:Therefore confess your sins to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed.

Acts 19:18: Many also of those who were now believers came, confessing and divulging their practices
Ol_Ag_02
AG
Mark 1:5: And there went out to him all the country of Judea, and all the people of Jerusalem; and they were baptized by him in the river Jordan, confessing their sins.

When I was baptized at 16 I confessed that I had sinned. Oddly enough, I've never heard an infant confess anything.
Zobel
AG
You received the baptism of John?
Thaddeus73
AG
No, of the Holy Spirit - That fire thingy that was promised...
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.