A Movement Proposal

1,805 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Solo Tetherball Champ
Patriot4301
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I am praying for Hispanics and Black Pastors and Priests to lead each community in a church officer worldview lecture or sermon on the first Saturday of each month.

It should be open to anyone. But it's time to serve them as Christ served the church.

Perhaps an open letter of sorts can be presented from local Black and Hispanic pastors to urge the attendance of such a rally.

Who is with this idea? Any amendments? Suggs?

Patriot4301
Perhaps questions and answers at the end?

Just make it non-white in leadership and public main lead speakers. We need to include all races.
Post removed:
by user
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
What the heck is a worldview lecture?
BurntOrangeIsBeautiful
Sounds like the OP needs to attend a "worldview" lecture hosted by some minority preachers and teachers himself. This has to win for the most paternalistic and prideful post of the month.
Ag4coal
Pretty sure it's the other way around. Have minority leaders lecture white people. Idk. OP is truly that confusing
SirDippinDots
Patriot4301 said:

I am praying for Hispanics and Black Pastors and Priests to lead each community in a church officer worldview lecture or sermon on the first Saturday of each month.

It should be open to anyone. But it's time to serve them as Christ served the church.

Perhaps an open letter of sorts can be presented from local Black and Hispanic pastors to urge the attendance of such a rally.

Do you hate Asians, Whites and multi race people?
I wish a buck was still silver, it was back, when the country was strong.
PacifistAg
AG
Patriot4301 said:

What do you mean by "worldview lecture"? Is this pertaining to politics?
craigernaught
AG
You should go to black churches and pitch your idea directly.

Please video it so we can watch.
Martin Q. Blank
craigernaught said:

You should go to black churches and pitch your idea directly.

Please video it so we can watch.
Isn't what he is proposing already happening at black churches every Sunday?
craigernaught
AG
No one knows what he's proposing.
Martin Q. Blank
craigernaught said:

No one knows what he's proposing.
For Hispanic and Black Pastors to give a worldview lecture or sermon. They already do that every Sunday, but I think he's proposing to do it on a Saturday once a month and involve the community.
TheArtistFormerlyKnownAs
Patriot4301 said:

What does this idea have to do with Jesus or religion? Just the fact that you want to pander to minorities who attend church?
Patriot101
I love all people. I was just trying to bring everyone together.

I'll own up to it and ask for you all to consider forgiving me.

I mentioned worldview because I was trying to keep it general. It could be a meeting about anything the speaker wants to speak about.

Didn't mean to leave out Asians, Indians, and other groups of people. People are people.

I'm not very smart. Sorry. I don't represent A&M. I didn't attend there. Just a fan.
Ag4coal
In the spirit of charity, I assumed you had good intentions. They just weren't very clearly written. No harm in trying again
hopeandrealchange

Is this possibly what was being suggested by the OP?
Patriot101
Well, I wouldn't be the leader of the movement.
So the video would be a fine example. Some groups may seek to avoid being too "electiony" or too political. Maybe the leaders can speak of how to give aid to those impoverished, homeless, orphaned, and widowed?

Maybe some churches can give a percentage of their deacon fund to the deacon fund of other churches as relationships are built?

Maybe just make it a closed meeting with just clergy and church officers in attendance?

Maybe some churches could link together in jail and prison ministry?
Patriot101
Remember that our Lord prayed in John 17 that his people would be one.
Solo Tetherball Champ
Meanwhile, I attend an actual multi-racial church, teach Sunday school with black and brown people, hold hands with black and brown men in prayer, and lift up our hands together in worship. I'm reading this post and wondering what OP is trying to get at.

Do you want to heal the Body of Christ? Get out of your white church and go join - not attend - a black church. Turn off your Chris Tomlin and turn on Fred Hammond.

But both groups say that the segregation is bad thing, and then wait for the other to make a move. Be the change you want to see.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.