Q Anon

5,497 Views | 69 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Patriot4301
TexAgs91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Q probably doesn't need an introduction here, but I thought there are some of his posts that may generate deeper discussion here such as this one

Quote:

Sep 20, 2020 1:29:37 PM EDT
Q !!Hs1Jq13jV6
Strengthen my faith, Lord. Forgive my sins, so that I may be clean in your righteousness. Make me brave, so I can stand and fight the spiritual battles in my life and in our world. Give me your wisdom and discernment so I won't be caught off guard. Together, Lord, we'll win, because in truth, you already have. While evil still roams, the power of Your name and Your blood rises up to defeat and bring us victory against every evil planned against us. While malicious actions may disturb us, we use the armor of God You have given us to stand firm. You will bring justice in due time for all the harm and needless violence aimed at Your children. Until then, we remain in Your presence, aligned with Your purposes, and we look to You as our Supreme Commander and Protector. Help us to avoid temptation, and deliver us from evil, Lord. You are the Mighty One, the One Who will ultimately bring all evil to light. With You, Jesus, we are safe. Amen.
Serotonin
AG
Nice prayer.

Sorry if I missed something but what is the question or point of discussion on the prayer?
UTExan
Good prayer!
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TexAgs91
AG
Serotonin said:

Nice prayer.

Sorry if I missed something but what is the question or point of discussion on the prayer?
Well I'm assuming people have heard who Q is. Q began posting around 2017 with some information, photos, predictions that definitely showed that he has access to very classified information. He of course doesn't actually spill classified info, but he does drop clues that lead others to find out what is really going on behind the scenes. He began posting on 8chan where many people just go by an anonymous handle. They became known as "Q anons". And what they find is horrific. It's discussed in great detail in Q Anon in the politics forum.

Information about the democrat's coup attempt against the president. Their control over media, education, social media. But it also goes over seriously evil practices. Q discussed Jeffry Epstein long before his sickening acts using minors as sex slaves were more widely known. As you may have heard, it involves many people in our own government including Bill Clinton. Many well known Hollywood celebrities. And of course many people in foreign governments. There's flight manifests to Epstein's island that implicates many people. Q also points out satanic symbols used by people in those circles that are there for all to see.

Q implies that action against these evil people is imminent, and has been implying this unfortunately for a while. I don't know if it will ever come, or is just something that takes a while to execute. I do know he is who he claims to be because of the information that he has shared so far is something only someone in his position could know.

Like I say, there's much more over in the politics Q anon board, but since Q also sometimes posts things religious in nature that it might be something that at least from that aspect is something that would be of interest here as well.

In the passage posted above, Q is telling us with all that is going on, do not despair. Use the Armor of God to give you strength and that justice will be served.
Frok
AG
I have not paid attention to "Q" because I assumed it was tinfoil hat crazy stuff.
Rocag
AG
It is tinfoil hat crazy stuff. Q is like astrology for conservatives. Put out enough vague statements open to interpretation and you're going to eventually say something that people think makes a lot of sense. And because of human nature people remember much more clearly the one thing you said that turned out to be correct rather than the ten things that weren't. Cold reading uses this effect in a similar way, also making its target think the source has access to information they normally wouldn't.

I don't think a thread discussing Q is unwarranted in the Religion board either because of the way those who place faith in its message do so in an almost religious manner.
TexAgs91
AG
There are crazy followers of Q. But that's why we listen to Q and not the crazy followers.
PacifistAg
AG
Frok said:

I have not paid attention to "Q" because I assumed it was tinfoil hat crazy stuff.
It is.
PacifistAg
AG
Rocag said:

I don't think a thread discussing Q is unwarranted in the Religion board either because of the way those place faith in its message do so in an almost religious manner.
I agree. From what I've seen of QAnon, it appears to be taking on the form of a religion itself, but most conspiracy theorist groups operate in similar fashion to cults. Another aspect that makes it a relevant discussion here is how this has infected the church here in America.
schmendeler
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Serotonin said:

Nice prayer.

Well I'm assuming people have heard who Q is. Q began posting around 2017 with some information, photos, predictions that definitely showed that he has access to very classified information. He of course doesn't actually spill classified info, but he does drop clues that lead others to find out what is really going on behind the scenes. He began posting on 8chan where many people just go by an anonymous handle. They became known as "Q anons". And what they find is horrific. It's discussed in great detail in Q Anon in the politics forum.

Information about the democrat's coup attempt against the president. Their control over media, education, social media. But it also goes over seriously evil practices. Q discussed Jeffry Epstein long before his sickening acts using minors as sex slaves were more widely known. As you may have heard, it involves many people in our own government including Bill Clinton. Many well known Hollywood celebrities. And of course many people in foreign governments. There's flight manifests to Epstein's island that implicates many people. Q also points out satanic symbols used by people in those circles that are there for all to see.

Q implies that action against these evil people is imminent, and has been implying this unfortunately for a while. I don't know if it will ever come, or is just something that takes a while to execute. I do know he is who he claims to be because of the information that he has shared so far is something only someone in his position could know.

Like I say, there's much more over in the politics Q anon board, but since Q also sometimes posts things religious in nature that it might be something that at least from that aspect is something that would be of interest here as well.

In the passage posted above, Q is telling us with all that is going on, do not despair. Use the Armor of God to give you strength and that justice will be served.
trump was friends with epstein long before Q was a thing.

Rocag
AG

Yup.
Beer Baron
AG
TexAgs91 said:

There are crazy followers of Q. But that's why we listen to Q and not the crazy followers.
Another reason this is such a strange, religion-like thing. I've heard many people say the exact same sentence, substituting "Jesus" for "Q."
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
This whole q thing has to be the weirdest thing I've seen in my life...like how can so many smart and educated people believe this.
Rocag
AG
I've seen several comparisons of Q and its followers assertions that their vaguely defined "deep state" enemies are backed by demons and Satan himself with the "Satanic Panic" of the 1980's and early 1990's. In retrospect, most people can see that the hysteria created in that case was fueled by a lot of nonsense but here and now we have a very similar situation arising. You see the same allegations of satanic ritual abuse being strongly fueled by fundamentalist Christian sources. But Q puts a decidedly political spin on the "Satanic Panic" formula which oddly makes it even more appealing for those on the right wing of the spectrum.

I'm looking at this from the outside and I don't really get it either. But I absolutely do not doubt those who have bought in to the Q story are fully convinced and committed to it.
Beer Baron
AG
I think Rocag's "astrology for conservatives" and the discussion of cold reading hits the nail on the head. If you keep your statements vague enough, you can superimpose any pre-existing beliefs or subsequent events over that and make it fit. Likewise, when something happens that contradicts what you thought it meant previously, you can chalk it up to your own misinterpretation of the original statement instead of concluding that the original statement was incorrect.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Serotonin said:

Nice prayer.
Great prayer. Almost as good as this prayer about asking forgiveness:

"I am not sure I have. I just go on and try to do a better job from there. I don't think so. I think if I do something wrong, I think, I just try and make it right. I don't bring God into that picture. I don't. When I drink my little wine which is about the only wine I drink and have my little cracker, I guess that is a form of asking for forgiveness, and I do that as often as possible because I feel cleansed. I think in terms of 'let's go on and let's make it right.'"

Preemptive 'Lighten Up'. This will always be funny.

Frok
AG
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater said:

This whole q thing has to be the weirdest thing I've seen in my life...like how can so many smart and educated people believe this.
It's not that weird, look at how many universities believe crazy things.

People are crazy
TexAgs91
AG
schmendeler said:

TexAgs91 said:

Serotonin said:

Nice prayer.

Well that's a photo. Can you describe their friendship in more detail?

I mean, is it the kind of friendship where Epstein would have a picture like this of Trump in his house?

schmendeler
AG
TexAgs91 said:

schmendeler said:

TexAgs91 said:

Serotonin said:

Nice prayer.

Well that's a photo. Can you describe their friendship in more detail?
couples date nights?

?v=1596549374
schmendeler
AG
bottom line, the connection between trump and epstein is certainly enough that it should make a normally credulous q-bert intensely interested. it's funny that it doesn't.
UTExan
Take it to the Politics Board, LOL.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
TexAgs91
AG
Yeah, such good friends that Trump banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago. These are really old debates. Let me know when you see Trump's name on one of the flight logs
TexAgs91
AG
UTExan said:

Take it to the Politics Board, LOL.
schmendeler
AG
TexAgs91 said:

Yeah, such good friends that Trump banned Epstein from Mar-a-Lago. These are really old debates. Let me know when you see Trump's name on one of the flight logs
the flight logs were wiped to remove trump's name.

proof: apple cherokee 79 skip to my lou! saints come marching home, cheerios with honey, not nuts 20122354.
Post removed:
by user
Rocag
AG

Here's that name in the flight logs for you!

And he only banned Epstein after he had been charged in 2008, that's proven by the membership logs.

Having said all that, I think this thread would be better served focusing on the religious motivations and implications that Q has. The Trump links matter only in that they are a clear case of the Q-believers ignoring facts that run counter to their beliefs. It would be a shame if this thread became a copy of the Politics board's Q thread.
Serotonin
AG
Quote:

Another aspect that makes it a relevant discussion here is how this has infected the church here in America.
You've talked before about politics seeping into religion in our country, I'm interested in your opinion of why that is.

Some theories:
1. American culture has grown less ordered and more chaotic than X years ago so morals, virtues, beliefs and even the truth and facts are up for grabs in the political arena and subject to private judgment without any objective national or institutional moral authority. So some churches are trying to step in to fill the void.

2. Universal suffrage democracy is a relatively new phenomenon. Now the politics and political intrigue that were limited to a king's court in 1500 have expanded to every individual and every nook and cranny in society. When everyone becomes a political actor, people act politically.

3. We've grown decadent and complacent as a people and even church has grown shallow so the only place to find meaning now is in war/patriotism (on the right) or social justice movements (on the left).

You have a unique perspective as someone who is pretty apolitical, what's your take here?
HossAg
AG
craigernaught
AG
Christians have known about the Q source long before Q Anon was a thing.
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
Frok said:

UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater said:

It's not that weird, look at how many universities believe crazy things.

People are crazy
No it most definitely is that weird.
PacifistAg
AG
Serotonin said:

Quote:

Another aspect that makes it a relevant discussion here is how this has infected the church here in America.
You've talked before about politics seeping into religion in our country, I'm interested in your opinion of why that is.

Some theories:
1. American culture has grown less ordered and more chaotic than X years ago so morals, virtues, beliefs and even the truth and facts are up for grabs in the political arena and subject to private judgment without any objective national or institutional moral authority. So some churches are trying to step in to fill the void.

2. Universal suffrage democracy is a relatively new phenomenon. Now the politics and political intrigue that were limited to a king's court in 1500 have expanded to every individual and every nook and cranny in society. When everyone becomes a political actor, people act politically.

3. We've grown decadent and complacent as a people and even church has grown shallow so the only place to find meaning now is in war/patriotism (on the right) or social justice movements (on the left).

You have a unique perspective as someone who is pretty apolitical, what's your take here?
Honestly, I think you aren't far off with the 2nd point. The average person wields political power, and the use of power to "do good" is a temptation that is as old as man. We see it in 1 Samuel 8. The elders of Israel saw that the sons of Samuel couldn't be trusted with power, so what did they do? They sought power in the form of a king like the nations surrounding them. This, though, was viewed as a rejection of the Kingship of God. We see this temptation again when Christ was tempted with all the kingdoms (political entities) of the world. Just think of all the good He could do with that earthly power. But even Christ knew that power corrupts, and rejected that temptation. So, I think it's rooted in a genuine desire to do good, as well as the hubris in thinking that we can get it right this time. That if we just create the perfect system, it will restrain the corruptive effects of power.

But the more we pursue this path, the more we begin to see the "other" as the enemy. The more we see the "other" as the enemy, especially when power is theoretically widely distributed among the masses, the more we seek power to defeat our enemy. And it becomes a vicious cycle. We begin to coalesce into our own little bubbles, ideologically and geographically. We shun the "other"...or worse, we begin to hate the "other" because we see them as perpetual threats. So what started out with genuine intentions turns into an "other"-hating echo chamber. Sadly, we're seeing this infect the church. We go to church with those like us, because we effectively create geographic bubbles in which we live. The longer we isolate from the "other", the more extreme we become in our views because there is no challenge.

Look at voting for example. So many act as though voting is the most important thing in life. I am a non-voter, and I receive hatred from both sides. Why? Because I am rejecting the power to defeat their "enemy", which makes me an enemy to them. I get it from both sides.

David French actually just wrote a great piece on this.
TexAgs91
AG
Rocag said:

Having said all that, I think this thread would be better served focusing on the religious motivations and implications that Q has.
And that was my intention for posting the OP here. I didn't want to get into other stuff already covered in the politics side because there is no need. It's all there to see and can be discussed further there.
Serotonin
AG
So what are the religious motivations of Q? What do you think his religious end-goal is?
schmendeler
AG
Serotonin said:

So what are the religious motivations of Q? What do you think his religious end-goal is?

Looking for more credulous people.
Aggrad08
AG
The most impressively stupid thing about the Q religion-and I agree that's what it is, a religion for far right conservatives is not it's false prophecy. Most all religions have false prophecy.
Things like predicting Hillary Clinton's imminent arrest are embarrassing and so claims got more vague so as to not say anything And yet say everything Nostradamus style.

The most most impressively stupid idea from Q anon is that trump is our savior in fighting a battle against a cabal of Satan worshipping pedophiles and never once bragged about it.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.