Bishop Joe

1,166 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by Crocker91
IMPRINTANYTHING
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BLM should be a rallying cry for Catholics!

Also help me figure out why the quotation marks are around "land of the free"?

Please read, then re-read. Compare Joe to Bishop Strickland in Tyler.

https://www.austindiocese.org/news/a-letter-to-the-faithful-on-the-sin-and-evil-of-racism

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2020/07/06/texas-bishop-calls-out-dangerous-black-lives-matter-movement/
diehard03
Quote:

Also help me figure out why the quotation marks are around "land of the free"?

it's referencing that many black americans don't feel like they live in the land of the free.
PabloSerna
AG
That's my Bishop!

jrico2727
AG
Black lives matter as a statement is Catholic because all lives matter. Black lives matter the organization is a Marxist, racist, gender confused, demonicaly influenced organization that is the antithesis of the Catholic Church. Once again Bishop Strickland shows that he is the only orthodox Bishop in Texas. I wish he would annex College Station.
diehard03
Quote:

While Black Lives Matter has become a broad social movement. We cannot allow our authentic understanding of the concept of Black Lives Matter to be summarily dismissed because some organizations that employ the term have objectives contrary to Church teaching. As Catholics we must see Black Lives Matter as a rallying cry devoted to the sanctity of human life. We are called to nurture and protect life from conception to natural death. While living and acting in conformity with the Gospel, we must continue to draw a distinction between the life-affirming concept of Black Lives Matter and organizations with radical agendas. We must allow our perspective of Black Lives Matter to be formed using a lens tempered by the Gospel of Life, as opposed to the Marxist-inspired ideology promoted by others. Our response in this regard will provide meaningful encounter, dialogue and accompaniment within our communities and families.

Not sure why this is disregarded then (from the first article)...
Crocker91
AG
I mean, he calls out and uses the word "Marxist." That's pretty tough.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.