Planned Parenthood South Dallas has a new neighbor -- which you know it hates

3,061 Views | 34 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
quidam65
How long do you want to ignore this user?
The PP facility in South Dallas (a predominantly African-American area) is DFW's only abortion facility.

Two weeks ago it picked up a new neighbor: Prestonwood Pregnancy Center Southwest (operated by the DFW megachurch) relocated from its prior location -- a nondescript industrial park -- to a facility LITERALLY ACROSS THE STREET.

Oh and its first client -- who was abortion-minded going in -- chose life instead.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-abortion-pro-life-center-dallas-planned-parenthood?fbclid=IwAR0Wig1b1e6k7wfE95KEQFWilBbQVm5Rn8oV4GoZl06CX3ds9wE4W3tlmTQ
Quad Dog
AG
IMO this is exactly the kind of stuff Christians need to do to fight abortions instead of trying to get the government to do it for them.
Post removed:
by user
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
Quad Dog said:

IMO this is exactly the kind of stuff Christians need to do to fight abortions instead of trying to get the government to do it for them.

Yea but I mean if you think the fetus is a human being then you should be fighting for the government to protect its right to life too. I mean, yea, these kind of facilities are good, but this to me is the biggest moral evil in our society, and it should be fought on all fronts.
PacifistAg
AG
Quad Dog said:

This.
Post removed:
by user
Faithful Ag
Love seeing this and would love to see more across the country! In Houston there is a pro-life RV that is almost always parked in front of the PP murder facility. I love that they've been doing this, but opening up an actual brick and mortar office is even better!!
dermdoc
AG
PacifistAg said:

Quad Dog said:

This.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88Warrior
Faithful Ag said:

Love seeing this and would love to see more across the country! In Houston there is a pro-life RV that is almost always parked in front of the PP murder facility. I love that they've been doing this, but opening up an actual brick and mortar office is even better!!

Brick and mortar says "we're in the game for the long haul"...Better way of getting the attention of those who may be young, confused and wondering what to do instead of someone holding a cardboard sign yelling at them...jmho..
Faithful Ag
Agree 100%. To be fair to the Houston RV it is completely decked out for consultations and women's medical care and they staff it as well. It's much more than a picket line of protesters. It is a very effective tool. To your point, opening up an actual office across the street takes it to a whole new level
88Warrior
Faithful Ag said:

Agree 100%. To be fair to the Houston RV it is completely decked out for consultations and women's medical care and they staff it as well. It's much more than a picket line of protesters. It is a very effective tool. To your point, opening up an actual office across the street takes it to a whole new level

Yes sir it does!
diehard03
Quote:

this to me is the biggest moral evil in our society, and it should be fought on all fronts.

I think the problem with having a "biggest moral evil' is that we allow for other evils to go unchecked and unmitigated.

it should also shine a light on ourselves that we have been woefully inadequate in responding to it.
diehard03 said:

Quote:

this to me is the biggest moral evil in our society, and it should be fought on all fronts.

I think the problem with having a "biggest moral evil' is that we allow for other evils to go unchecked and unmitigated.

I think the problem with having a "biggest moral evil" is that we are in the middle of a holocaust involving the most innocent and helpless of us.
I only speak for myself, but I'm not sure what you might expect someone to do to stand up to this. I don't really think vigilantism is the answer. I personally believe the right way to fight this is to through dialogue and through offering people alternatives. But what else do you think should be done?
Martin Cash
AG
AstroAg17 said:

To put it bluntly, that's not working. Abortion seems pretty entrenched now as a right.

Christians spend a lot of time not talking about the genocide they think that is occurring. I don't mean that as an insult, but I think the group should be louder if you think since millions of babies are being murdered.
AstroAg17 said:

To put it bluntly, that's not working. Abortion seems pretty entrenched now as a right.

Christians spend a lot of time not talking about the genocide they think is occurring. I don't mean that as an insult, but I think the group should be louder if you think millions of babies are being murdered.

I'll ask again, what more do you think should be done?
diehard03
Quote:

I only speak for myself, but I'm not sure what you might expect someone to do to stand up to this. I don't really think vigilantism is the answer. I personally believe the right way to fight this is to through dialogue and through offering people alternatives. But what else do you think should be done?

Imagine if someone said this about the actual Holocaust...

edit: since I know you will just repeat your line about what should be done...it's whatever you think it is appropriate for actual genocide and/or a holocaust. You should answer that for yourself, since you are equating it to genocide.

Don't worry, I am also against abortion. But it's an absolutely absurd position to claim it to be the "biggest moral evil" and people seem to be taking more action in regards to facemasks than this. (being hyperbolic, but you get the point)
In the actual holocaust there was a clear external aggressor that was the enemy. In this case the enemy isn't a person, it's more like a collection of ideas. Liberating Paris doesn't seem like it will help here.

But even so, I'm no expert in history, but from what I've learned Hitler knew the power of the word and actively sought out and silenced dissent through a variety of ways. I think maybe you're not giving the power of the pen enough credit.
diehard03
Quote:

In the actual holocaust there was a clear external aggressor that was the enemy. In this case the enemy isn't a person, it's more like a collection of ideas. Liberating Paris doesn't seem like it will help here.

But even so, I'm no expert in history, but from what I've learned Hitler knew the power of the word and actively sought out and silenced dissent through a variety of ways. I think maybe you're not giving the power of the pen enough credit.

The "enemy" is absolutely a person. How else does the fetus get to the "death camp"?

Again, this is your analogy, not mine.
I wasn't using the word holocaust as an analogy as much as just using it to mean a wanton destruction of life.

I'm curious, if you think abortion is wrong, I would guess you think that it's also murder. Since it happens so much, what do you think is the biggest evil in society if not abortion?
diehard03
Quote:

I wasn't using the word holocaust as an analogy as much as just using it to mean a wanton destruction of life.

I'm curious, if you think abortion is wrong, I would guess you think that it's also murder. Since it happens so much, what do you think is the biggest evil in society if not abortion?

On a great many topics, we are told that words matter. I guess they don't now?

To answer your question though, it should be clear that I don't ascribe to a "biggest evil" necessarily, as I think that it just license to allow evil to exist by hiding behind one particular one. But, philosophically, I'd probably say our ability and desire to dehumanize another person would be the biggest one for me.

Like, for instance, insisting that mothers who abort their babies are participating in a holocaust. This is absolutely a reasonable inference, btw.
Frok
AG
I hope they put that Planned Parenthood location out of business.
RAB91
Quad Dog said:

diehard03 said:

Quote:

On a great many topics, we are told that words matter. I guess they don't now?

To answer your question though, it should be clear that I don't ascribe to a "biggest evil" necessarily, as I think that it just license to allow evil to exist by hiding behind one particular one. But, philosophically, I'd probably say our ability and desire to dehumanize another person would be the biggest one for me.

Like, for instance, insisting that mothers who abort their babies are participating in a holocaust. This is absolutely a reasonable inference, btw.

Look, I don't want to get hung up on this word holocaust. I used it in a way that I've heard in the past in speeches and movies. I just checked dictionary.com and as one of it's definitions for the word it has "any mass slaughter or reckless destruction of life." When I think about abortion, that's what comes to mind, so the word seemed to fit. If you don't like the word, fine. But I'm not going to sit and defend an analogy that I didn't make. In my mind they are similar as far as that both the actual Holocaust and abortion are both destruction of life on a massive scale, but that's it. Suggesting that they should be fought in the same way because I used that word is silly.

And I agree with you, the dehumanizing of others is a terrible thing. Dehumanizing babies in the womb is one of the causes behind abortion. Look, abortion is destroying life on a massive scale, and mothers who abort their babies are participating in that action. Just stating that is not dehumanizing anyone, it's merely a statement of fact. If you feel like that's dehumanizing then it is the action itself that is dehumanizing, and it is the babies in the womb who are being dehumanized.
Repeat the Line
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater said:

AstroAg17 said:

Christians spend a lot of time not talking about the genocide they think is occurring. I don't mean that as an insult, but I think the group should be louder if you think millions of babies are being murdered.

I'll ask again, what more do you think should be done?
diehard03

Quote:

I think about abortion, that's what comes to mind, so the word seemed to fit. If you don't like the word, fine. But I'm not going to sit and defend an analogy that I didn't make. In my mind they are similar as far as that both the actual Holocaust and abortion are both destruction of life on a massive scale, but that's it. Suggesting that they should be fought in the same way because I used that word is silly.

And I agree with you, the dehumanizing of others is a terrible thing. Dehumanizing babies in the womb is one of the causes behind abortion. Look, abortion is destroying life on a massive scale, and mothers who abort their babies are participating in that action. Just stating that is not dehumanizing anyone, it's merely a statement of fact. If you feel like that's dehumanizing then it is the action itself that is dehumanizing, and it is the babies in the womb who are being dehumanized.

You can deflect and play semantics games all you want, but responding to even a "generic" holocaust with "I personally believe the right way to fight this is to through dialogue and through offering people alternatives." seems nonsensical.

it's a holocaust, not buying a minivan.

I think that as long as you view those mothers are participating in a holocaust, you are really going to struggle with that dialogue. It going to be really hard to show compassion.
You're just repeating yourself. You don't think dialogue and education are what's needed to fight abortion. That's fine, I have now been repeatedly made aware of your opinion. I, however, do think that's precisely what's needed to fight it. We can keep saying this to each other back and forth, but I don't really see the point.

I'll tell you the reason why I think dialogue and education are important. The way to put an end to abortion is by changing people's hearts and minds. I have yet to find anything better than education and dialogue for doing so. If you think dialogue and education are so impotent you should at the very least state what you think would be better. Just expressing incredulity in ever-so-slightly different ways that I would suggest such a thing is not an argument against it.

And I can't understand your obsession with this word holocaust. To anyone who thinks that a fetus has basic human rights, abortion is murder on a large scale, and holocaust is a word which aptly describes that. Recognizing that doesn't make me any less capable of compassion, I think it's totally possible to recognize and hate the sin but still be compassionate towards the sinner.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Imagine if someone said this about the actual Holocaust...

edit: since I know you will just repeat your line about what should be done...it's whatever you think it is appropriate for actual genocide and/or a holocaust. You should answer that for yourself, since you are equating it to genocide.

Don't worry, I am also against abortion. But it's an absolutely absurd position to claim it to be the "biggest moral evil" and people seem to be taking more action in regards to facemasks than this. (being hyperbolic, but you get the point)
there have been people who have resorted to violence - we saw that that was counter-productive.

I think the organization "40 Days For Life" which started right there in Bryan/College Station is making a positive difference with peaceful, prayerful vigils.

Opening Pro-life organization offices and pro-life pregnancy centers near Planned Parenthood locations is not new. It is a well-proven strategy.
diehard03

Quote:

You're just repeating yourself. You don't think dialogue and education are what's needed to fight abortion. That's fine, I have now been repeatedly made aware of your opinion. I, however, do think that's precisely what's needed to fight it. We can keep saying this to each other back and forth, but I don't really see the point.

Then I guess you're not getting it. I have not stated one iota of what i think would be effective in the fight. I am not also not calling it a holocaust. I don't have that burden.

Quote:

And I can't understand your obsession with this word holocaust. To anyone who thinks that a fetus has basic human rights, abortion is murder on a large scale, and holocaust is a word which aptly describes that. Recognizing that doesn't make me any less capable of compassion, I think it's totally possible to recognize and hate the sin but still be compassionate towards the sinner.

I don't want to be accused of repeating myself, but you already have the answer to this question.

If someone was indiscriminately killing 9 year olds, would your plan of action still be dialogue and education?

As to your last sentence, I will defer to our homosexual friends that frequent this board on Christianity's track record in this regard.
dds08
AG
Quad Dog said:

I disagree with this wholeheartedly. I disagree with abortion, but don't expect the government to rule on it one way or the other.

I did a quick google search to look at the numbers for the first time ever. The current trend, over 500 thousand babies per year, is horrific. From 1978 to 1997 the number was over a million per year easy. I wonder what the numbers were before 1970.

This problem isn't exclusive to the US either. Other countries have this same problem.

I believe sin is the problem. The lack of genuine faith and love for God and thy neighbor is the problem.

Sigh! It's a wonder God hasn't sent Jesus to come back and end it all yet. I doubt it will be very long.
dds08
AG
What would Jesus do? How would Jesus respond to this....

I believe Jesus would try to find the root cause of this problem and go from there.

One could say abstinence is the answer, but I doubt it is (white knuckling).

If you were to ask anyone in the medical community, I would imagine they would say it's easier to prevent an abortion than to perform one. I recall my pediatrician warning my brother and I about females out there who "just want to have a baby (at any cost)."

Setting up a facility across the street from an abortion clinic is awesome, but seems like a "putting out forest fires" (treating symptoms) approach.

Let's look at human decision making leading up to having an abortion and see where people go wrong.

I believe Jesus would focus more effort in prevention.

ETA: If Jesus walked the earth today, I doubt abortion would magically cease because God wants people to have free will. It will only end when the world ends. I do believe he could put a serious dent in the numbers. There's also the "seeds that that are eaten by the birds" phenomenon (people reject the good news and what he is about).
Keller6Ag91
AG
Quad Dog said:

That is what we'e doing. The intent is heart change....that abortion would be unthinkable.
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Keller6Ag91
AG
dds08 said:

What would Jesus do? How would Jesus respond to this....

I believe Jesus would try to find the root cause of this problem and go from there.

One could say abstinence is the answer, but I doubt it is (white knuckling).

If you were to ask anyone in the medical community, I would imagine they would say it's easier to prevent an abortion than to perform one. I recall my pediatrician warning my brother and I about females out there who "just want to have a baby (at any cost)."

Setting up a facility across the street from an abortion clinic is awesome, but seems like a "putting out forest fires" (treating symptoms) approach.

Let's look at human decision making leading up to having an abortion and see where people go wrong.

I believe Jesus would focus more effort in prevention.

ETA: If Jesus walked the earth today, I doubt abortion would magically cease because God wants people to have free will. It will only end when the world ends. I do believe he could put a serious dent in the numbers. There's also the "seeds that that are eaten by the birds" phenomenon (people reject the good news and what he is about).

Jesus is about heart change. The sin is the outward symptom in the heart. Think woman at the well, women caught in adultery, rich young ruler, etc. He was after their heart obedience....change can't happen without it, only temporary behavior modification
Gig'Em and God Bless,

JB'91
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.