Very chilling!

10,209 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AstroAg17
FrecklesDad
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Watch it and leave your comments.

UTExan
I saw that Sunday night and played it.
AR 15 with 300 rds ammo: check
3 x 9 mm pistols plus 200 rds ammo: check
AK variant in 7.62 x 39 with 400 rds: check
12 ga pump with 00 and rifled slugs: check
Assorted other milsurp rifles/ pistols with requisite ammo: check
Need to shop for more canned protein: tuna, chicken and dried fruit (raisins, figs, prunes) at Costco.
Not worried about having gold and silver to trade when I have excess cigars and pipe tobacco from when I smoked.
Need to get also: instant coffee, teabags, vitamins.

Great video, BTW. I have heard similar from David Wilkerson and his visions.
FrecklesDad
AG
Sounds like the U S is the Babylon of the Bible to me. Would fit that scenario perfectly.

UTExan
FrecklesDad said:

Sounds like the U S is the Babylon of the Bible to me. Would fit that scenario perfectly.

Don't know if it is Babylon, but this is a post-Christian nation just as Israel became a post-Yahweh nation.
I like that the preacher identified who he was and had little prior experience with this gift. He appeared very humble along with the caveat that if he was wrong, he deserved criticism.
I have been listening to people who claim to have such dreams and visions and I tend to err on the side of caution. Since I was a child I have had various dreams of foreign troops in the US. In one very particular dream there was a European soldier and I was trying to shoot him but did not have the correct ammunition.

Now I do.
swimmerbabe11
so, maybe it's because I'm not terribly patriotic or maybe it is because I'm not a Pat's fan..but I always think its wierd when someone describes themselves as a patriot. patriotic, cool ...but the title Patriot always sounds like one of those words you dont use on yourself...like hero
PabloSerna
AG
Heard similar 'dreams' pre-Y2K.

Just don't see JC loading up like he recommends. But I get it - the times are a changing!

+pablo
UTExan
swimmerbabe11 said:

so, maybe it's because I'm not terribly patriotic or maybe it is because I'm not a Pat's fan..but I always think its wierd when someone describes themselves as a patriot. patriotic, cool ...but the title Patriot always sounds like one of those words you dont use on yourself...like hero

"Patriot" is really a self aggrandizing noun. I don't think of myself as patriotic; I do consider myself a nationalist in the sense that I am an American and wish to continue to enjoy the freedoms of living in America. I have traveled (Europe, Latin America and Africa) and have no desire to live in any of those places due to their corruption and government controls. So yeah, this place is definitely worth fighting for. Just my .02
swimmerbabe11
As much as I love the idea of prophetic dreams, I always have to temper gnostic desires with

Quote:

In the past God spoke to our ancestors through the prophets at many times and in various ways, but in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed heir of all things, and through whom also he made the universe. The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven. So he became as much superior to the angels as the name he has inherited is superior to theirs.
UTExan
Amos 3:7
Surely the Lord God does nothing without revealing His counsel to His servants, the prophets.
FrecklesDad
AG
Here is something more detail he gave.

diehard03
Those font usages alone are enough for me to disregard his "prophecy".
n_touch
Music is straight out of Stranger Things
schmendeler
AG
Something disappointing about a (seemingly) Christian pastor telling people to make sure they have guns and ammunition for civil unrest.
Gomer95
AG
I think no matter when the end is coming but especially if we really think it is, the most important thing would be to tell everyone not to buy guns, ammo, and gold but to tell everyone about Jesus and how to get to Heaven and tell everyone FAST!
Frok
AG
Very true points
UTExan
schmendeler said:

Something disappointing about a (seemingly) Christian pastor telling people to make sure they have guns and ammunition for civil unrest.

Why? He is being realistic, not moralistic. IMHO it is a strange morality indeed if your conscience allows you to witness the slaughter of those you love by people driven by their evil desires.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dermdoc
AG
Gomer95 said:

I think no matter when the end is coming but especially if we really think it is, the most important thing would be to tell everyone not to buy guns, ammo, and gold but to tell everyone about Jesus and how to get to Heaven and tell everyone FAST!

I hear you but imho, Jesus taught us how to live here a lot more than about how to get to Heaven. As did Paul, Peter, etc.

The Kingdom of heaven is here. Now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmendeler
AG
UTExan said:

schmendeler said:

Why? He is being realistic, not moralistic. IMHO it is a strange morality indeed if your conscience allows you to witness the slaughter of those you love by people driven by their evil desires.
apparently the full complement of the armor of god includes an AR to vanquish the unrighteous.
PacifistAg
AG
UTExan said:

schmendeler said:

There's a ton of ground in between gunning down people and sitting back and witnessing people be killed. I don't know anyone who is okay with just witnessing slaughter of their loved ones.
PacifistAg
AG
schmendeler said:

UTExan said:

schmendeler said:

apparently the full complement of the armor of god includes an AR to vanquish the unrighteous.
Resist not an evil person...except if you have a gun. Then kill 'em all.
UTExan
schmendeler said:

UTExan said:

schmendeler said:

If you cannot counter the argument, I can understand why you would resort to ridicule. This touches a part of you that you wish wasn't there. If God gives you the technological means to be free from tyranny, then be thankful for it. If you cannot accept that your safety and that of your loved ones depends on your actions, not those of the police, then maybe rethinking your position is appropriate.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
UTExan
PacifistAg said:

schmendeler said:

UTExan said:

schmendeler said:

Resist not an evil person...except if you have a gun. Then kill 'em all.

And if that evil comes in the form of physical insult, yes. If the threat is to your life or the life of loved ones, you have the right to self-defense. Note that during the times of Nehemiah weapons were at hand for those rebuilding Jerusalem. Indeed, there are times in the Tribulation when believers will be martyred and obtain the martyrs' reward. If one person cannot accept defending one's self and others with weapons is a moral act, then a person should do what he/she believes that God commands. But as police stand down across the nation people will come to hard decisions about their safety and that of their loved ones.
BlackGoldAg2011
AG
i think his recommendations and interpretations are just that, his own personal takes on the dreams, so i'm far more interested in the actual dreams themselves. My father-in-law sent me a picture of an article in the Dallas Morning News from yesterday in response to this guy's video

schmendeler
AG
Quote:

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I tell you not to put up with an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, punch him out; if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your hot lead as well; and if someone forces you to go one mile, go two miles on his ASS. Give nothing to the one who asks you, and do not give in to the one who wants to borrow from you.
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor' and 'Hate your enemy.' But I tell you, enemies deserve whatever you send their way, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the hellfire on the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?
Be perfect, until things get hairy, then get Dirty Harry, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
an excerpt from Matthew 5, NUE (new utexan edition)

i see now why people died for their belief in this dude. he sounds like he doesn't take any *****
schmendeler
AG
BlackGoldAg2011 said:

i think his recommendations and interpretations are just that, his own personal takes on the dreams, so i'm far more interested in the actual dreams themselves. My father-in-law sent me a picture of an article in the Dallas Morning News from yesterday in response to this guy's video

except that he said the mint was going to stop in september. production increased from april to may and then from may to june.
UTExan
schmendeler said:

Quote:

You have heard that it was said, 'Eye for eye and tooth for tooth. But I tell you not to put up with an evil person. If someone slaps you on your right cheek, punch him out; if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your hot lead as well; and if someone forces you to go one mile, go two miles on his ASS. Give nothing to the one who asks you, and do not give in to the one who wants to borrow from you.
You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor' and 'Hate your enemy.' But I tell you, enemies deserve whatever you send their way, that you may be sons of your Father in heaven. He causes His sun to rise on the evil and the good, and sends rain on the righteous and the hellfire on the unrighteous. If you love those who love you, what reward will you get? Do not even tax collectors do the same? And if you greet only your brothers, what are you doing more than others? Do not even Gentiles do the same?
Be perfect, until things get hairy, then get Dirty Harry, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect.

i see now why people died for their belief in this dude. he sounds like he doesn't take any *****

As I said, the coming storm will force many to look beyond their current comfortable assumptions that people are basically good. That thin veneer of civilization waxes thin and the love of many will grow cold. You can afford to be charitable if you have faith in God and physical provisions for times of disruption. And others will need the help (food and protection).
Macarthur
I have not watched that video, but if it's as BSC as this thread...no thanks.
one MEEN Ag
AG
schmendeler said:

Quote:

Your satire is pretty ham fisted, I take it you consider the most recent seasons of the Simpsons as the pinnacle of satire. But you make light of a real conundrum christians can struggle with. As a father and provider, you want to defend your family from harm and evil- thats why you have a gun. You don't ask for trouble. Jesus asks a lot from his followers (everything to be exact). And one of those things is to turn the other cheek even if someone is breaking into your house and explicitly wants to do harm to your family.

You've bought a gun specifically for defense of not really you and not your stuff, but your family. That is a hard notion to shake and I don't blame people for keeping guns.

schmendeler
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

schmendeler said:

Quote:

Your satire is pretty ham fisted, I take it you consider the most recent seasons of the Simpsons as the pinnacle of satire. But you make light of a real conundrum christians can struggle with. As a father and provider, you want to defend your family from harm and evil- thats why you have a gun. You don't ask for trouble. Jesus asks a lot from his followers (everything to be exact). And one of those things is to turn the other cheek even if someone is breaking into your house and explicitly wants to do harm to your family.

You've bought a gun specifically for defense of not really you and not your stuff, but your family. That is a hard notion to shake and I don't blame people for keeping guns.

i'm not making light of the conundrum. i'm using humor to point out why this pastor is disappointing to me. one of the most valuable (in my eyes) attributes of christ was his complete unwillingness to respond to the attacks of any kind on him with anything other than love.

i see a lot of hand waiving going on when people say "yeah but" when this is pointed out.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

If the threat is to your life or the life of loved ones, you have the right to self-defense.
Legal right? Sure, I agree. I fail to see how violent self-defense is compatible with the words of Jesus Christ, so as a Christian, I will seek nonviolent means of defense. And if one does use violence in self-defense, it will always create moral injury and should never be sanctified, but should be mourned.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

As I said, the coming storm will force many to look beyond their current comfortable assumptions that people are basically good. That thin veneer of civilization waxes thin and the love of many will grow cold.
If violent men in costumes, who are often domestic abusers as well, are all that's keeping this from happening, then our civilization isn't worth saving to start with.
UTExan
PacifistAg said:

Quote:

If the threat is to your life or the life of loved ones, you have the right to self-defense.
Legal right? Sure, I agree. I fail to see how violent self-defense is compatible with the words of Jesus Christ, so as a Christian, I will seek nonviolent means of defense. And if one does use violence in self-defense, it will always create moral injury and should never be sanctified, but should be mourned.
And I respect that, brother. It is your choice and it is not my role to pass judgment on you. I sincerely hope I am wrong about coming social unrest. I hope the pastor is wrong.

I obviously have a different take and am always aware that the human heart of us all is desperately wicked, easily capable of deceiving us. And I know that we must give account for our words and actions to Him who saved us.

Ordhound04
AG

Long video, but it brings up the fact that many of these "prophetic words" often have a garbage batting average. IMHO a "prophet" should have a 1.000 batting average.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Ordhound04 said:

Long video, but it brings up the fact that many of these "prophetic words" often have a garbage batting average. IMHO a "prophet" should have a 1.000 batting average.
In principle I agree, but as far as we know Jonah had a 0% batting average. Nineveh repented and was not destroyed. Jeremiah talked about this some. Prophets that prophecy doom can be wrong if God relents and people repent. However, a prophet that prophesies peace must be right 100% of the time, because God never withholds a promised blessing.

Don't take that as my endorsement of any particular prophet, especially the dime-a-dozen-and-always-wrong end-time prophets that seem to get popular for whatever reason
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
FrecklesDad
AG
Yes, HEB has signs up addressing the coin shortage and ask for it help in addressing it. Something to do with machines.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.