Trump: Messianic or Demonic?

10,873 Views | 243 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by kurt vonnegut
ClutchCityAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
A good article. I highly respect Wallace Henley and his work.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/trump-messianic-or-demonic-237565/
Let it ride
schmendeler
AG
i say he's more of a Colonic than Demonic.
diehard03
I'm not going to lie - I am tired of the assumption that Rowe v Wade will be magically repealed and all abortion will be solved if Trump wins in 2020.

I also think it's horribly short sighted to go full bore on this one issue.

I'm not there yet, but I find myself entertaining the argument that we are foresaking the ones God gave to us to serve (the living) for the ones God has not (abortions)
powerbelly
AG
Unfortunately, Roe v. Wade isn't going anywhere.

More to the point, trump is neither messianic or demonic.
ClutchCityAg
You are right that Roe v Wade likely is not going anywhere, but I do think that if Trump is re-elected and gets to appoint 1-2 more SC Justices that there is a chance.
Let it ride
Micah97
AG
Is the argument you are having based on assumption that the baby inside the womb is dead or alive?
powerbelly
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

You are right that Roe v Wade likely is not going anywhere, but I do think that if Trump is re-elected and gets to appoint 1-2 more SC Justices that there is a chance.
No, it there isn't really even a chance. There is zero appetite to overturn.
ClutchCityAg
Yeah you are right the appetite isn't there. But if there were to be a renewed interest in overturning, it would at least be feasible.
Let it ride
diehard03
Quote:

Is the argument you are having based on assumption that the baby inside the womb is dead or alive?

No. It's more like, dead or alive, I can't see a fetus but I can see all the people that are hurt by the Presidents actions and rhetoric.

and, like I said, I'm not there yet.
UglyGiantBagOfMostlyWater
Maybe he's neither, and he's just a flawed individual like everyone else.
Win At Life
AG
Trump declared Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel almost 100 years to the day after the Balfour Decree to establish Israel as a nation for Jews.
terata
AG
"More to the point, trump is neither messianic or demonic."

"Maybe he's neither, and he's just a flawed individual like everyone else"

Truth

Micah97
AG
Understood. It was genuine curiosity and not trying to call out.
diehard03
I wonder if the "maybe hes just flawed like us" say the same thing about Pelosi/Biden/etc...
PacifistAg
AG
ClutchCityAg said:

Since Roe v Wade, there have been 15 new SCOTUS judges. 11 were appointed by Republicans.

The GOP has no real interest in reversing this decision. It's far too valuable a political football for them. They are able to dupe millions into voting for them on the sole pipe dream of reversing this decision. And heck, even if they do reverse it, which won't happen, all it does it return the issue to the states. How many states do you believe honestly ban abortion?

This is all ignoring the fact that abortion is at rates lower than at the time of Roe. It peaked right when Carter was leaving and Reagan was coming in. There have been a couple slight upticks, both under Republican presidents. The most recent, under W, was when he was pushing abstinence-only sex education.
PacifistAg
AG
diehard03 said:

I wonder if the "maybe hes just flawed like us" say the same thing about Pelosi/Biden/etc...
Yeah, we didn't really hear that much from 2008 - 2016.
PacifistAg
AG
But, to address the question of the OP, all I can say is that Trump is an unrepentant serial adulterer with an offensive personality. He is a narcissist, which is probably a common trait he shares with much of DC. I would argue he's also probably racist as well, and has encouraged cops to "rough up" people as they put them in the cop car.

So, no matter what he is, I would be wary of Christians putting their witness to the Kingdom at risk by casting their lot with someone who a moral degenerate, simply for the mirage of SCOTUS nominees that will not give you what you want.

And before anybody "whatabouts", I believe Joe Biden is likely a pedophile and would caution against any Christian casting their lot with him either. If the choose is a "lesser of two evils", choose neither.
powerbelly
AG
Quote:

I would argue he's also probably racist as well
Nothing in his history has shown he is racist.(disclaimer: I am not a Trump voter).
dermdoc
AG
diehard03 said:

The Christians I hang with sure did. And they are conservative Trump voters who definitely see his flaws. We pray for all of them at our Bible study.

Sure is a lot of mis conceived projections probably from Forum 16.

And my Beaumont pastor, who is a dear friend and liberal, used to joke with me about how our votes cancelled each others out.

We got along together great because we were brothers in Christ and saw through all the garbage.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ramblin_ag02
AG
powerbelly said:

Quote:

I would argue he's also probably racist as well
Nothing in his history has shown he is racist.(disclaimer: I am not a Trump voter).

With you there. No love lost on Trump from me, but I can't think of any racist statement or act coming from him. Maybe all the anti-immigrant stuff, but I, maybe naively, don't think that's a racial thing as much as an economic thing. Surely he has some supporters in that vein, but that's unavoidable as a Republican
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
craigernaught
AG
He's human, which is terrifying enough.
c-jags
PacifistAg said:

And before anybody "whatabouts", I believe Joe Biden is likely a pedophile and would caution against any Christian casting their lot with him either. If the choose is a "lesser of two evils", choose neither.

While I consider myself an incredibly conservative person, I've been troubled by Christians "casting their lot" with a candidate for a while. Mainly on the right as of late.

I don't fault a Christian for voting for Trump in 2016 because of his pro-life views or Hillary for her welfare views. They were both very imperfect people that had views that do line up with the Bible and views that don't.

Jerry Falwell going all in on Trump is just as bad as Keller or Thabiti going all in on Hillary or Biden. I'm fine to make a vote for an imperfect candidate. I'm fine answering the question of who you're voting for, but actively campaigning for unrepentant person just isn't my cup of tea in that position.
Frok
AG
He's the president of the United States which means many will love or hate him for no reason other than that.

You will make many friends if you openly hate any elected official. That I have learned.

Edit: I do my fair share of hating on officials, especially Democrats
Daddy
AG
the church, the body, the assembly is the job to work, to love, to evanglize

Trump's been put here to protect

He's a prophecy of King Jehu

PacifistAg
AG
Daddy said:

the church, the body, the assembly is the job to work, to love, to evanglize

Trump's been put here to protect

He's a prophecy of King Jehu

Uh, no.
Beer Baron
AG
I think calling him either messianic or demonic gives him far, far too much credit.
agie95
AG
According to the Hebrew calendar which is typically more important, the dates were a month apart.
Macarthur
PacifistAg said:

But, to address the question of the OP, all I can say is that Trump is an unrepentant serial adulterer with an offensive personality. He is a narcissist, which is probably a common trait he shares with much of DC. I would argue he's also probably racist as well, and has encouraged cops to "rough up" people as they put them in the cop car.

So, no matter what he is, I would be wary of Christians putting their witness to the Kingdom at risk by casting their lot with someone who a moral degenerate, simply for the mirage of SCOTUS nominees that will not give you what you want.

Whoa....
Ags4DaWin
PacifistAg said:

so was king david. God can take a flawed individual and use their good qualities to bring about good things.

just sayin.
dermdoc
AG
Abraham impregnated a slave because he wanted a son. And told a king his wife was his sister and let him sleep with her.
Jacob was a liar and a thief.
Moses was a murderer.
Solomon had over 600 concubines.
Paul hunted down Christians and held Stephen's clothes while they stoned him.
Sovereign God can use all kinds of people.
dermdoc
AG
Macarthur said:

PacifistAg said:

Whoa....
One time I agree with you my friend.
PA24
AG
...DJT has some similarities of being the Antichrist.

...Trump could be the guy, never in my lifetime has someone in power resembled the Antichrist as much as Donald.

...world is destiny for The 7 year tribulation that we all agree on. All part of God's plan.

......But I don't think DJT is the Antichrist ..in reality, I think he is a decent fellow, typical rude New Yorker . I didnt think DJT was a Christian when he ran for office but I am not so sure now, He is a friend of Israel. Over 90% of evangelicals back him.

If trump doesn't win, Biden will win and he doesn't appeal to me. I think he has a dark side. I could be wrong but I have watched him for his 40 yrs and never was impressed.

also think Trump will be re-elected and if he keeps control of a favorable senate, load the court with At least one more die hard conservative and eventually overturn legalized abortion. Wishful thinking, maybe but maybe not.

dermdoc
AG
I do not think we all agree on a seven year tribulation.

PA24
AG

So we just go with Great Tribulation for the sake of staying on topic.

Although....
dermdoc
AG
Ubitag said:

So we just go with Great Tribulation for the sake of staying on topic.

Although....
With all due respect, ever heard of Amillennialism? Or Preterism? Or a lot of other eschatological theologies?

And actually, that has a lot to do with the topic of the op.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.