I wish I could see the past and the future.

2,025 Views | 16 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by sleepliving
Post removed:
by user
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
FAT SEXY said:

I think one of the biggest feelings of despair I get as a mere mortal is not knowing what happened long ago, or what may happen far into the future.

It kind of pains me to not know really.. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for so many events to see how they really went down, or will go down.

To any of you that believe in an afterlife, I ask you this.. Do you think the next world affords us the gratitude of peering through time and viewing such things?
From my Biblical reading, the "afterlife" is a total body resurrection in the New Jerusalem here on a redeemed Earth. We will have new bodies that are incorruptible and will be eternally joyful due to being in the presence of the Lord. There will be no sickness, sorrow, hunger, strife, etc.

Since our entire created purpose is to glorify God in all things, that will be what we do. All the time. I do not believe we will be concerned at all about the past and/or future as we will be only totally focused on glorifying God. And since we are doing what we are created to do and have become one with God, we will be at total peace and have incredible joy. Forever and ever.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
Quote:

1 Corinthians 2:9 New King James Version (NKJV)
9 But as it is written:
"Eye has not seen, nor ear heard,
Nor have entered into the heart of man
The things which God has prepared for those who love Him."
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dermdoc
AG
It is going to be awesome.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Beer Baron
AG
Agree completely. This is pretty much the only thing I miss about believing in this stuff. I've posted it before but I really would like to know the answer to big mysteries like stone henge and small ones like who pooped in the urinal that time in sixth grade and made us all have to run lines all of basketball practice.
Post removed:
by user
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I also hope this. I lost a golf ball today in about a 10x10 foot area of pretty featureless medium grass. From what I know about this world, it should have been impossible for that ball to go missing. I looked for about 15 minutes on a search that should have taken 1 second. The ball evaporated.

I hope when I die I find out where my damn ball went. It's driving me nuts.

That's why I quit golf. My priest advised me to avoid near occasions of sin....
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
ramblin_ag02
AG
dermdoc said:

FAT SEXY said:

I think one of the biggest feelings of despair I get as a mere mortal is not knowing what happened long ago, or what may happen far into the future.

It kind of pains me to not know really.. I wish I could be a fly on the wall for so many events to see how they really went down, or will go down.

To any of you that believe in an afterlife, I ask you this.. Do you think the next world affords us the gratitude of peering through time and viewing such things?
From my Biblical reading, the "afterlife" is a total body resurrection in the New Jerusalem here on a redeemed Earth. We will have new bodies that are incorruptible and will be eternally joyful due to being in the presence of the Lord. There will be no sickness, sorrow, hunger, strife, etc.

Since our entire created purpose is to glorify God in all things, that will be what we do. All the time. I do not believe we will be concerned at all about the past and/or future as we will be only totally focused on glorifying God. And since we are doing what we are created to do and have become one with God, we will be at total peace and have incredible joy. Forever and ever.
I hope there's a place sectioned off for you guys to do that. My newly resurrected body would need a lobotomy if I'm supposed to lose my curiousity and love of learning.
Sb1540
These kinds of comments are very typical. You say you don't want to stop learning but God of the Bible is existence and love itself. He's the source of everything. The resurrected body will be in constant communion with God, glorifying all creation. The possibilities when connected with God are endless, far greater than all of humanities achievements combined during the age of decay. Also this kind of comment is so old...it's been talked about forever. CS Lewis has a great section in the Great Divorce about an intellect and an artist who has this same problem.
Sb1540
Be careful what you wish for.
dermdoc
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

dermdoc said:

FAT SEXY said:

I hope there's a place sectioned off for you guys to do that. My newly resurrected body would need a lobotomy if I'm supposed to lose my curiousity and love of learning.

You will be able to pursue any knowledge because that is how you best glorify God.
Texaggie7nine
I'm hoping for it all being a simulation with all history recorded on a hard drive, so we can just scroll through time and watch everything that ever happened.

First thing I will be doing is going to the grassy knoll in Dallas on Nov 22 1963.
7nine
kurt vonnegut
AG
Before seeing the dinosaurs?
Texaggie7nine
kurt vonnegut said:

Before seeing the dinosaurs?
Just do Jurassic Park the ride... No biggie .
7nine
Aggrad08
AG
I'm zooming to the future to see if we ever finally decide to just kill all the telemarketers
Texaggie7nine
Can you kill robots?
7nine
Aggrad08
AG
Yes and the people who employ them for their evil purposes
sleepliving
AG
I had a professor at A&M in the engineering department tell us that he didn't think we'd reach the speed of light. Einstein's equation tells us that as we approach the speed of light, time slows down and mass increases. To reach it you would need infinite energy (God) or zero mass (soul). And if you reach it, time stops which is eternity. And it does say in the Bible "God is light" John 1:5.

So if you escape the system constraints of time, would you be able to see all past and future ... kind of like Interstellar tried to depict in that movie?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.