Thoughts on the resurrection/life

1,267 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Win At Life
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This morning I read some passages of 1 Corinthians 15 and here are a few nuggets,

1. Humans were not meant to live under the 10 commandments
Had humans never sinned, our journey and the commandments would have never crossed paths

2. Christ's sacrifice, life, death, and resurrection is a kind of first-fruits for all of humanity. Our belief in him is our salvation.

3. Death is made out to be a living thing, sort of like Grim Reaper, that is to be fought against and defeated by Jesus. (perhaps it's just a literary device)

After reading I was moved to google the question "were Adam and Eve created immortal."

This is what I got back:

https://henrycenter.tiu.edu/2018/05/was-adam-created-mortal-or-immortal-getting-beyond-the-labels/

The site seems to make out that they weren't created immortal, but them staying alive was conditional. Yes the Tree of Life and the Tree of Knowledge were in the Garden of Eden, but whether or not they experienced death depended on if they obeyed God. The site refers to Enoch and how he was translated.

Perhaps it was Adam and Eve's challenge to live as long as possible, without ever disobeying God, till he translated them to a glorified body. Live a thousand years if God would have you to, till he decides what to do with you. Perhaps this was the destiny of humans, which was ultimately fulfilled by Jesus.
Win At Life
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If God never meant for us to follow His commandments, then why did He say this?

Deut 30:11-14
For this commandment I give you today is not too difficult for you or beyond your reach. It is not in heaven, that you should need to ask, 'Who will ascend into heaven to get it for us and proclaim it, that we may obey it?' And it is not beyond the sea, that you should need to ask, 'Who will cross the sea to get it for us and proclaim it, that we may obey it?' But the word is very near you; it is in your mouth and in your heart, so that you may obey it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.