Wondering how many believe we will still be here in 10 yrs?

3,509 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by dermdoc
AggielandPoultry
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
If you believe in a pre, mid or post tribulation rapture is not exactly what I am interested in. But do you think we will be living as we do now without the end times kicking off in the next 10 yrs? Thank you for your thoughts.
Barnyard96
AG
I am a 100% maybe.
Win At Life
AG
I personally believe in a real netzal (rapture), but think it's probably beyond my lifetime.

However, I have already been calling it for several years now that you will see end times craziness in about ten years like we have never seen it before. Why? Because 2030-2033 timeframe will be basically 2000 years since Yeshua started His ministry and was executed.

I'm not picking those dates or anything, but I am saying the craziness might be so bad as to actually have a measurable effect on the world economy.

Why don't you hear any prognosticators saying anything about that now? Because it's too far in advance to scare people enough for them to make money from it.

Bookmark this thread for ten years from now because you heard it from me first.
AggielandPoultry
AG
I found this breakdown on the timeline very interesting...
https://www.christiantruthcenter.com/the-fig-tree-generation-the-generation-that-will-not-pass/
Aggrad08
AG
AggielandPoultry said:

I found this breakdown on the timeline very interesting...
https://www.christiantruthcenter.com/the-fig-tree-generation-the-generation-that-will-not-pass/
I was bored enough to click on that crazy. It's a curiously bad reading of that scripture. Never heard of a "fig tree generation" to avoid the obvious reading before.

I'll just point out that since jesus prediction in those verses there hasn't been a single generation that didn't have those that thought they were the last.
Sb1540
AggielandPoultry said:

If you believe in a pre, mid or post tribulation rapture is not exactly what I am interested in. But do you think we will be living as we do now without the end times kicking off in the next 10 yrs? Thank you for your thoughts.
It could be the instant you are reading this or it could be in a 1000 years or another 5,000. Nobody knows the timing of the second coming and it's designed that way. I'm going to throw out rapture doctrine since John Nelson Darby was a heretic.
mwm
There is only One who knows. And He's not ready to reveal the time.
UTExan
Probably so. Although there is a an asteroid passing within 19,000 miles of us in 9 years:

Quote:

The solar system has a sense of humor: A decade from now, on Friday, April 13, 2029, a large asteroid will streak across the sky but it's a cause for excitement, not fear, scientists say.

That asteroid, called Apophis, stretches about 1,100 feet (340 meters) across and will pass within 19,000 miles (31,000 kilometers) of Earth's surface. That might sound scary, but scientists are positive that it will not hit Earth.

https://www.space.com/asteroid-apophis-2029-flyby-planetary-defense.html
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
dermdoc
AG
I used to worry about this stuff to the point that I suffered from scrupulosity.

Then the Holy Spirit convicted me that when Jesus returns in glory it was not about me or anybody else being "saved", it was about glorifying God.

Now I do not worry.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Martin Q. Blank
AggielandPoultry said:

I don't understand the question. If Jesus has not returned, I'll be living my life normally.
dermdoc
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

AggielandPoultry said:

I don't understand the question. If Jesus has not returned, I'll be living my life normally.
Agree.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
ramblin_ag02
AG
Been a long time since a rapture thread, but my word replacer "rapture" -> "raptor" is just as hilarious as ever.

As a former evangelical looking back, the whole idea of a rapture has got to be the wildest and weirdest belief in all of Protestantism.
UTExan
ramblin_ag02 said:

Been a long time since a rapture thread, but my word replacer "rapture" -> "raptor" is just as hilarious as ever.

As a former evangelical looking back, the whole idea of a rapture has got to be the wildest and weirdest belief in all of Protestantism.

And yet it has scriptural support. Who has been raptured before? Enoch and Elijah.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
ramblin_ag02
AG
So does snake handling and the prosperity gospel. Doesn't make them any less ridiculous

My favorite crazy Enoch, Elijah theory is that they are the same time-travelling prophet
Texaggie7nine
I'm gonna go with it's all made up as my answer.
7nine
Win At Life
AG
People coming back from the dead seems pretty ridiculous too.
Pro Sandy
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

My favorite crazy Enoch, Elijah theory is that they are the same time-travelling prophet
Maybe the UFO Ezekiel describes in Chapter 1 is Enoch/Elijah traveling through time/space to meet Jesus on the Mount of Transfiguration?
swimmerbabe11
Poor OP.. he said this isn't a rapture thread.

I was so anti-rapture as a kid that I got the Left Behind series taken out of story time at my school

Anywho.. will we be here in ten years? I dunno, I hope not. I can't wait for the next part.
,As a kid, I was convinced I'd live to see the end of days.
mesocosm
AG
AggielandPoultry said:

Have you ever considered that the rapture never will happen?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Well now it seems obvious
UTExan
ramblin_ag02 said:

So does snake handling and the prosperity gospel. Doesn't make them any less ridiculous

Snake handling and the Rapture tied together. Interesting soteriology.
PA24
AG
...to stay on topic.

Noah being saved from the flood can represent the Bride of Christ being protected from the wrath of God.
schmendeler
AG
no one is going anywhere.
commando2004
AG
Given the consistent failure of everyone (from preachers to climate change activists) who has said "the world will end within 10 years", I expect we'll still be here.
Thaddeus73
AG
Something's gonna happen in October...

October 2020
CrackerJackAg
AG
FFS...I knew better than to click that crap.
agie95
AG
This is a false notion. We will know the season and the date is one of two consecutive days.

No one but the Father knowing the date or the hour is a Jewish idiom for Rosh Hashanah.
FrecklesDad
AG
Learned that about Rosh Hashanah a while back and it really makes a lot of sense. After several years of studying today, I came to believe that all believers and the dead will meet Christ in the sky in the middle of a seven year period. That is because the last three and a half years is the time of God's wrath and no one will repent during that period of time.
mwm
I guess you can believe whatever you choose to believe.

I choose to believe Matthew 24:36.
agie95
AG
mwm said:

I guess you can believe whatever you choose to believe.

I choose to believe Matthew 24:36.
Am I choosing not to believe Matthew 24:36? I believe it. I believe it is a Jewish idiom, b/c it is. If you want to take Mark 9:43-47 as you are Matthew 24:36, then literally cut off your hand, foot, and pluck your eyes out. Or you can understand they are idioms.
LonghornDub
Live like you're supposed to and it doesn't matter.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

dermdoc
AG
LonghornDub said:

Live like you're supposed to and it doesn't matter.
Amen.
agie95
AG
How are you supposed to live? Based on what system? What beliefs? So, with this philosophy a Muslim who wants to believe parts of the Koran, can kill someone if they don't convert. They can lie cheat and steal from someone who is not a Muslim.

That thinking is a bit of a fallacy all by itself.
craigernaught
AG
What
Duncan Idaho
I did my best to make it happen about 10 years ago. I voted for obama. Since the rapture didn't happen after putting the Antichrist in power, I am not sure what to believe.

Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.