How is everybody doing?

5,360 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by craigernaught
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Even though we have our theological differences, I really enjoy the fellowship and knowledge I get from this forum. I want to share a Coronavirus prayer a friend sent me

Dear Creator of the world, God Almighty,

We come before you asking your mercy on us to halt the spread of the Coronavirus.

We pray for those already infected with Coronavirus that they may receive prompt, effective, and compassionate medical care that will restore them to health.

We pray for your protection and grace for all medical professionals who are courageously treating those with Coronavirus. May they be shielded, strengthened, and guided as they administer healing treatments and care.

We pray your protection over those most vulnerable to disease, for our babies, our children, our elders, our poor, disabled, and those weakened by other health conditions,

We pray for those under quarantine that they might be comforted by your presence and protected from disease, anxiety, and fear.

We pray for our public healthcare leaders and government agencies that they might be informed and well prepared as they deal with the Coronavirus. Grant them the resources and manpower they need to use their wisdom.

We pray for the researchers who are tracking the course of the Coronavirus. May they uncover patterns that will help us understand how to stay healthy.

We pray for those searching for treatments, cures, and vaccines. May you guide them, reveal new ideas and accelerate their discoveries to fight this disease.

We pray for the communities, areas, and countries hardest hit by the Coronavirus. Restore their sense of well being and community. Sustain them, comfort them, and give them hope. We ask you to calm all of their fears.

We pray for all whose lives are disrupted by the Coronavirus. We pray for families who have been separated and for those whose livelihoods have been jeopardized.

We look to you, Oh God, praying that the spread of the Coronavirus will be halted and that many lives might be spared.

We pray that through this crisis you may draw us closer to you, grow our compassion and increase our knowledge.

Thank you that you are the Great Physician who not only heals us but is a very present help in our time of need as the Bible tells us that you "took up all of our infirmities and carried our disease" (Matthew 8:17 NIV).

Thank you for hearing our prayer.

In the Name of Jesus our Savior and Healer we lift up these heartfelt prayers.

Amen.

God bless y'all.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
brownbrick
Zobel
AG
I miss church. A lot.
dermdoc
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I miss church. A lot.
Same here.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88Warrior
Holed up here in Wildwood...sitting on back patio watching a few social distancing golfers go by...I read that its thought that whiskey helped folks survive the Spanish Flu so I'll take that lessons learned and run with it!! Everyone take care of yourselves.. Thoughts and prayers to all...
UTExan
I miss my Assembly of God church services. But we had virtual communion today so that helps. The network of resource sharing provided by the church helps as do the virtual small group sessions.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
LonghornDub
Great prayer. I have been praying that as He did during the earned plagues of the Israelites God would cut short the time of this plague. It worked for Moses, but unfortunately I ain't Moses. I'm giving it my best shot anyway.

Our church did an online service this morning, but I miss attending services too.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

dermdoc
AG
LonghornDub said:

Great prayer. I have been praying that as He did during the earned plagues of the Israelites God would cut short the time of this plague. It worked for Moses, but unfortunately I ain't Moses. I'm giving it my best shot anyway.

Our church did an online service this morning, but I miss attending services too.
I love the fellowship. Our Friday morning Bible group met on Zoom but not the same.

And God always keeps his promises. Always. And good will come out of this. It always does.
swimmerbabe11
I'm hoping that the cross country zoom happy hours and big zoom Bible studies and stuff will continue. It's been great having an 800% increase in content to consume at home and church services to "partake" in.

However, I miss going to church. I miss communion. I miss normality.
But, I'm okay and my house is getting cleaner.
Post removed:
by user
PA24
AG
Yep....miss my church
AgLiving06
I miss Church.

I have a Directors meeting this week.

I think it's 50/50 whether my Church survives this. We weren't in good shape financially (poor decisions prior to current staff) and I fear tithing is down.
diehard03
Well played.

edit: apparently, I can't spell "well".
Frok
AG
I'm tired of "virtual" everything.

Took a long bike ride today through the hill country, that was nice.
Post removed:
by user
craigernaught
AG
We've been in lockdown in Amman for about 2 weeks with heavy movement restrictions prior. At the start of the lockdown, we couldn't go to the grocery store or anything. Nor could we take a walk outside. Only trips to the hospital and pharmacy were allowed with prior approval. Some essential businesses remained operational. All travel in and out of the country has been suspended.

Over a thousand people have been arrested due to the curfew with hundreds of cars impounded.

Restrictions have loosened since last week. You can now walk to the grocery or pharmacy, but not drive. Grocery stores are pretty crazy but the local pork shop still has essentially no line, so we have lots of German sausages.

But so far so good. Jordan has handled the craziness pretty well all things considered. But financial pressures will hit developing economies harder than rich ones. I hope our neighbors and friends can weather the storm.

If something happened to my family back home, we couldn't do anything. If something happened to us here, we'd be all alone. Scary times.
LonghornDub
I've cleaned out and organized both my golf bag and my SUV. Those are once every 5 to 10 years activities for me. My wife was stunned.

Frok
AG
Wow, that is scary. I'm thankful we aren't THAT locked in here.

I am concerned for the economy going forward. There is talk of layoffs at my company as I am sure there will be at any.
LonghornDub
We're doing fine. There's a few times being old is probably better. We've both learned to trust God for all we can't handle, and we've already lived through a lot which helps with perspective. We both have some very old, close friends, but we enjoy each other's company the most. We're reading, internetting, and walking some, and feeling truly blessed to have our home and each other. Stay safe everyone..

dermdoc
AG
You sound just like us. Walks, lots of coffee, talking, occasional tv show, lots of reading, etc. And we both completely trust God also. It is weird how God just pursues you and loves you so much, that you just "give up". And by giving up, you gain everything. Now all the Scripture I read makes sense to me. At least most of the time.

Stay safe and healthy my friend.

And thank for the F B Meyer Daily Walk suggestion. Read it everyday and love it.
Sb1540
I'm starting to feel more anxiety and depression. Went through a bad divorce from September to January. Started feeling just a little bit better then all of this hits. It sucks to be alone during a time like this. I miss church but I'm getting a lot of reading in so that's a plus.
UTExan
My wife's Methodist church is taking this a bit far. They are planning on having an online potluck Wednesday night.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
Leggo My Elko
AG
That's the most Methodist thing ever.
UTExan
TexjbA&M said:

That's the most Methodist thing ever.

The kicker: that church frankly has parasites who don't think to even buy some cheap dinner rolls for the potluck: they just show up, eat before everybody else and go back for seconds before some people have had their firsts.
swimmerbabe11
If they somehow manage to do that on Wednesday night, please let us know. I'd like to learn some things.
diehard03
Quote:

The kicker: that church frankly has parasites who don't think to even buy some cheap dinner rolls for the potluck: they just show up, eat before everybody else and go back for seconds before some people have had their firsts.

I think we've been interpretting 1 Corinthians 11 wrong this whole time...
UTExan
It is frankly people who are what I call "entitled poor". Wesleyan theology has a lot to say about helping the poor, but successive pastors and leadership seem to think it sinful to suggest that getting a job or working in service projects in lieu of a job is sinful. They would rather put that on the backs of people who are already working (and providing all the food for the potlucks).

We do poor people no service in that and it is one reason I attend another church.
Post removed:
by user
UTExan
Yes. I attend an AG church for their Saturday night service and sometimes go with her for her Methodist service. I just can't take the craziness of Methodist internal politics.
annie88
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I miss church. A lot.
Me too.

Watching the virtual, but really miss being there and the fellowship.
Win At Life
AG
third coast.. said:

third coast.. said:

im honestly losing it. between work craziness, ship getting deployed and there being no OCONUS travel authorized, which means im stuck on my ship indefinitely and my wife being crazy stressed stuck at home caring for the kids, out of work and kids out of daycare. damn near drove me to drink. FYI, no prayers needed. leave the states until who knows when tomorrow afternoon.

My captain was relieved of his command this morning for cause and I have command of the ship until the resident captain returns. What a wild ride. In the states at least two more nights.

Yo no soy marinaro. Soy capitan. Soy capitan.
UTExan
swimmerbabe11 said:

If they somehow manage to do that on Wednesday night, please let us know. I'd like to learn some things.

Don't tell me you want my famous pimento cheese recipe. No means no.

Edit to say that I saw you posted on the OB about having a 12 gauge shotgun. Just wanted to add that if you are looking at ammo, birdshot is fantastically effective at very close range. When I was at Bryan PD we had a guy shot with birdshot in the chest and at the ER they showed me his Xrays. He only lived a few hours. Anything beyond ten yards and I would go with 00 (.33 caliber buckshot) or number 4 (.25 caliber) buckshot. I hope and pray there is no repetition of your car burglary incident but it is no sin to be prepared to forcefully repel crime.
mwm
My doorpost is covered. Exodus 12.
Mark Fairchild
AG
We have the Divine Mercy on our front door. Watching St Mary's Mass at noon and EWTN. Like derm and others age gives great perspective. Life for my wife and I will never be the same again, and that is not a bad thing. Our daily readings for Lent are beyond impactful. Prayer in its many forms has become something that is pretty much all the time throughout the day and night. With God's Grace we will never again take the Eucharist for granted. Palm Sunday, the Tritium, Good Friday, and Easter will be like no other we have ever experienced. More than anything, I believe with certainty that Our Lord is present and moving mightily in all of this! God bless and keep you all, and may His Peace cover you and yours!
Gig'em, Ole Army Class of '70
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.