"Welcome to Protestantism"

1,632 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by craigernaught
nortex97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
LOL.

jkag89
Funny how this always seems to be left out in posts or tweets on the subject . .
Quote:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, N. 1452, says: "When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called 'perfect' - contrition of charity. Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible."
Essentially Frankie is giving a general absolution during the pandemic much like priest would often give soldiers going into battle.
Post removed:
by user
Frok
AG
AstroAg17 said:

I got one star for this joke yesterday.

All about the timing and delivery
swimmerbabe11
I like this one

Repeat the Line
Frok said:

AstroAg17 said:

I got one star for this joke yesterday.

All about the timing and delivery

I was just about to tell him the same thing. He tries too hard, and truth be told, his attempts at humor are painfully awkward.
AgLiving06
swimmerbabe11 said:

I like this one

It's always a good feeling to see something good and know that when I star the post, it turns it blue.
jrico2727
AG
LOL all of yall gloating and not understanding how confession and contrition work. This is not a new teaching. They have to make a perfect act of contrition, which is truly hard to do and promise to go to confession asap afterwards. For all the poor people unable to see a priest we entrust to the infinite mercy of God.
Ol_Ag_02
AG
jkag89 said:

Funny how this always seems to be left out in posts or tweets on the subject . .
Quote:

The Catechism of the Catholic Church, N. 1452, says: "When it arises from a love by which God is loved above all else, contrition is called 'perfect' - contrition of charity. Such contrition remits venial sins; it also obtains forgiveness of mortal sins if it includes the firm resolution to have recourse to sacramental confession as soon as possible."
Essentially Frankie is giving a general absolution during the pandemic much like priest would often give soldiers going into battle.

Every time I see something quoted from the Cathechism the legalese makes my head hurt. Then I'm thankful that God Is Love and none of that jargon really matters.
craigernaught
AG
jrico2727 said:

LOL all of yall gloating and not understanding how confession and contrition work. This is not a new teaching. They have to make a perfect act of contrition, which is truly hard to do and promise to go to confession asap afterwards. For all the poor people unable to see a priest we entrust to the infinite mercy of God.

I also saw the joke and upon seeing something genuinely funny, I wanted to remind everyone that they are stupid and I am pious.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.