Any Homeopathy Proponents?

1,576 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by chimpanzee
Post removed:
by user
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I mean, my first instinct is to drink herbal teas and take vitamins and herbs...but if I'm really really sick I'm not going to refuse antibiotics or chemo or something. Like not anti vaxx.

WaltonAg18
AG
It's such a hit-or-miss thing. On one hand, there are many things that have been done for hundreds of years that on first glance sound like nonsense - like the Egyptians using copper instruments and putting moldy bread on wounds.

Unless you're talking about essential oil-type nonsense, in which case absolutely not.
Post removed:
by user
ramblin_ag02
AG
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Woody2006
AG
Whole Foods sells this **** in huge amounts. They are the largest snake oil purveyors on the planet
Dr.Rumack
Why this comes up second when I Google TexAgs microdosing?

A good friend microdoses shrooms.
I'm curious as to how one would function during the day while thinking they're on the way to a Blues Travelers show...
Aggrad08
AG
Snake oil
kurt vonnegut
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

I mean, my first instinct is to drink herbal teas and take vitamins and herbs...but if I'm really really sick I'm not going to refuse antibiotics or chemo or something. Like not anti vaxx.

When I think of homeopathy, I think of the one part in ten million borax solution that is supposed to cure cancer or the crystals that are supposed to fix your aura and cure your depression. I would not consider something like drinking herbal tea as homeopathy.
kurt vonnegut
ramblin_ag02
AG
Dr.Rumack said:

Why this comes up second when I Google TexAgs microdosing?

A good friend microdoses shrooms.
I'm curious as to how one would function during the day while thinking they're on the way to a Blues Travelers show...
https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/newsroom/news-releases/psychedelic-treatment-with-psilocybin-relieves-major-depression-study-shows

This only one study, but quite a few small studies have shown that psilocybin is an excellent short-term treatment for major depression. This is great, because all the best antidepressants take weeks to show dramatic effects, and this could jumpstart that treatment. Or it would be great if our government used any sort of rational standard when it came to scheduling substances. Currently psilocybin is schedule 1 and therefore incredibly difficult to study. For reference, methamphetamines and fentanyl are schedule 2, xanax is schedule 4 and of course alcohol is free available.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
chimpanzee
ramblin_ag02 said:

Or it would be great if our government used any sort of rational standard when it came to scheduling substances. Currently psilocybin is schedule 1 and therefore incredibly difficult to study. For reference, methamphetamines and fentanyl are schedule 2, xanax is schedule 4 and of course alcohol is free available.

You can be prescribed oxycodone for a decade and then transition to a slow drip of morphine so long as it's delivered via an implanted device manufactured by one of the companies the FDA really likes.

They'll probably pay for you to implant one in your kid if everyone gets scared enough.

If you can grow it in your backyard (or South America), we have serious safety concerns that need to be studied, probably for decades, don't call us, we'll call you.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.