Christian Podcast Recommendations

1,921 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by AsburyAg
Sugar City Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Looking for good podcasts to add to my queue. I have enjoyed the various Bible Project podcasts and find myself listening to too much political talk. I'd like better balance in my podcasting experience!
Line up and wait 18L
https://www.listennotes.com/podcasts/thriving-in-ministry-daily-pastor-dace-klf39EN0KmP/
AgLiving06
My list (will be heavier Lutheran, but I like non-Lutheran as well).

1. Issues etc
2. Just and Sinner
3. Jimmy Akin's Mysterious World
4. Reasonable Faith with William Lane Craig
5. The Word of the Lord Endures Forever - Verse by verse bible study (Lutheran)
6. The Whole Counsel of God - verse by verse bible study (Orthodox)
7. Thinking Fellows
8. Cross Defense

I haven't listened to these as much (either less interesting topics or slow releases)

1. The Counsel of Trent
2. The Areopagus - This used to be my absolute favorite podcast, but they went from every week or 2 to maybe once a quarter)
3. Banned Books - Their "thing" is to be conversational which makes it hit or miss depending on what they are doing.
Zobel
AG
I love Tim Mackie's "Exploring My Strange Bible."
BDub3
AG
Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology. He recorded all of the lectures where he takes a Sunday school class through his Systematic Theology book (which is also fantastic). It can be a little dry, but if you want a deep dive into everything theology, or want to pick and choose a few specific topics/questions you're interested in, it's great. He really cares about theology enhancing your relationship with the Lord, not just your knowledge about Him.
Sugar City Ag
AG
Thanks for the recommendations. I have added some to my queue.

"Exploring My Strange Bible" is one of my favorites as well.
aftershock
I'm looking for one that's easier listening/conversational. I'm on the road alot for work, and I listen to other genres of podcasts, but I haven't really found one that fits what I'm looking for in a Christian podcast. Tried Bible Project and it's alright. Just looking for something that's not a study/sermon and not too deep. Something that if I have to take a phone call in the middle of it I won't have to get back into the right state of mind to get back into it. Any recs?
Frok
AG
I like "The Briefing" by Al Mohler. It's a 20 minute daily podcast about current events from a christian worldview.

Ordhound04
AG
I really really great one is "Pints with Aquinas" By Matt Fradd.

He does episodes on the writings of Thomas Aquinas. What he wrote about the proofs for the existence of God, he did an episode about Evolution with a biologist that was also an ordained Dominican Priest, they even did one of how typology in the OT is also in the NT. (Jesus-New Adam) (Mary-Ark of the Covenant) etc.

Really great podcast that will be enjoyed by non-Catholics as well. It's not overly complicated,and is an easy listen to and digest. (Particularly if one is into scholastic theology but is more layman than expert)
Ordhound04
AG
Another great Catholic oriented podcast is the "Word on Fire" podcast that Bishop Robert Barron does.

For those interested in Christian/Catholic apologetics/explanation of what/why Catholics believe what they believe, it is a great podcast as Bishop Barron is really great at making things digestible for the typical person.
AgZoidberg
AG
https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/history-in-the-bible/id986634977
aggietony2010
AG
If you're looking for something slightly political with a little less anger, I'd try some of the "less Catholic" episodes of the Patrick Coffin show. You'll just have to judge by the description of the episode as to whether that episode is up your alley (unless you are Catholic, in which case I'd just recommend all of the episodes).

I found myself in a similar sort of rut. Listening to Crowder, Shapiro, and Limbaugh and just finding myself angry all the time after my commute.
swimmerbabe11
if you want lighthearted funny stuff,

Table Talk Radio or Fun Sexy Bible Time
agAngeldad
Any podcast that are similar to sports talk radio. Involving several people and back and forth discussion?
ClutchCityAg
James Dobson Family Talk. Always has great guests on and covers a wide range of relevant topics
AsburyAg
AG
For news I listen to "The World and Everything In It" every morning. It's very good.

If you go to the bottom of their podcast page you will see a list of other possibilities such as Eric Metaxas, the Colson Center, the Olasky Interviews.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.