So what is St. Peter saying here?

1,223 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Win At Life
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Intercession after death?

2 Peter 1:12 Therefore I intend always to remind you of these things, though you know them and are established in the truth that you have. 13 I think it right, as long as I am in this body, to arouse you by way of reminder, 14 since I know that the putting off of my body will be soon, as our Lord Jesus Christ showed me. 15 And I will see to it that after my departure you may be able at any time to recall these things.
Rusty Aha
AG
Reading all three chapters of Peter's 2nd Epistle, chapter 2 warns of false prophets and teachers and chapter 3 warns more of unbelievers outside the church who mock and scoff at the teaching and doctrines of Christianity. Chapter 1 ends with verse 21 stating that scripture was written under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit. In the preceding verse to the one you referenced for discussion, Peter is aware that his earthly ministry is coming to an soon, (Knowing that shortly I must put off this my tabernacle, even as our Lord Jesus Christ has shown me - v.14).

All contextuals point to verse 15 meaning Peter's epistles were both inspired by the Holy Spirit and will be preserved throughout the New Testament Church Age.
Win At Life
AG
Username checks out
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.