The Conversion of St. Paul

1,121 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Catag94
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Today is the Feast Day of the Conversion of St. Paul. Artists have always shown Saul falling off a horse, which is probably true, since he was participating in a military campaign in a far-off city (Camels maybe?). But there is no horse mentioned in the Bible anywhere. But for sure, Paul was knocked off of his high horse, and became very meek and humble..
CrackerJackAg
AG
I just checked. My Church Calender shows today as being for St Gregory the Theologian. Archbishop of Constantinople.

I gotta say...never cared for the odd and often inaccurate Renaissance styling of the paintings and sculptures of the Roman Church.

Byzantine art has always been more beautiful to me.

Thank you for sharing...Im just messing with you.
Thaddeus73
AG
The people in darkness (like Saul) have seen a great light...
Catag94
AG
The spiritual change in Paul is nothing short of amazing. Can you imagine having seen Saul do the things he did while persecuting followers of Christ and then seeing the change in him after his conversion? A very powerful example of the power of the Holy Spirit. And, what amazing maturity and wisdom he shares with us through his writings?
Being overwhelmingly comprised of gentiles, I know how Catholic's view of Matthew 16:18, but it appears to me that Paul was far more productive, influential, and wise with regard to getting the church off to a good start.
Great stuff. Thanks.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.