One hope movement

1,544 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by PabloSerna
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Anybody familiar with them? Started by an Aggie Chad Clark who envisioned filling Kyle Field for a Christian event featuring music, prayer, and the Gospel. They are having an event 4/25 at the Kyle Field plaza(scaled down a little bit) with Chris Tomlin, Lacrae, and Francis Chan.

I like the fact that they are preaching unity in the body of Christ trying to bring together Catholics, Orthodox, Protestant, evangelicals, etc. to try to further the Gospel. We unfortunately will be at Miss State for Aggie baseball but are going to donate. Some of you Ags might want to attend.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Zobel
AG
It strikes me that they're fine promoting unity on their terms (all the same, all Christians, ecumenism), but are not willing to fine union on the terms of others.
dermdoc
AG
And that is always the rub. Still think it is a good vehicle to introduce the Gospel to the unchurched. The question then is how many people at A&M have not been exposed to the Gospel? Probably a very small number if any.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Frok
AG
Well I never really understood the gospel until I got to A&M. I'd heard it but it just didn't compute and I didn't understand why I needed it. College is a time where people often discover or try new things so IMO the more opportunities to hear the better.
powerbelly
AG
k2aggie07 said:

It strikes me that they're fine promoting unity on their terms (all the same, all Christians, ecumenism), but are not willing to fine union on the terms of others.
Isn't that always the rub.
PabloSerna
AG
k2aggie07 said:

Jesus prayed that we would be one. I think before we can effectively preach to the rest of the world we need to make peace with each other and find common ground. Would be easy to discount Christianity seeing as there are thousands of denominations.

+Pablo

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.