Francis Chan dips toe in Tiber

4,404 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by diehard03
jrico2727
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

From my reading of the Scriptures faith seemed required for healing. In fact, Jesus could not do as much in his home town because of lack of faith.

Jesus rewarded faith with healing several times, but we really don't know if he was going to refuse healing if they didn't. So, I don't think it was a requirement, but a blessing.

Also, you have the story of the girl raised from the dead. The family didn't have faith after she passes that Christ could save her.
Matthew 13:58
Douay-Rheims Bible

"And he wrought not many miracles there, because of their unbelief."

Faith seems to be a prominent component, obviously our Faith doesn't limit God's abilities but he does seem to reward it.
diehard03
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dermdoc already referenced this Scripture.

I don't think we can minimize the role of faith, but I think it's a step too far to start rationalizing and predicting healings based on faith using Scripture, which is not intending to do this. Christ came to heal people. I think he takes time to point out faith we should emulate...like the centurion. Likewise, I don't think all the people who were healed necessarily had faith. They were seeking any and all solutions to their problems. We also have the story of Peter and John healing the lame at the temple for ZERO faith whatsoever. He wasn't even asking to be healed.

I think it's also tough to say that the family who has watched their child die of cancer/rare disease didn't have enough faith...when they've been wailing to God for weeks/months on end for healing and had to bury them anyway. (Or, that America as a whole didn't have enough faith, so God didn't heal them)
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.