Current reading list

837 Views | 0 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by AgLiving06
AGC
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went back a few years and couldn't find the old thread. I know there have been book exchanges and occasional threads but I'm curious what's coming up on your reading list and why. For me it's:

-For The Life of the World by Andrew Schemenn? A gift from my wife at the recommendation of a Lutheran friend for people interested in liturgy and orthodoxy.
- Dignity by Chris Arnade. I'm finishing up Hillbilly Elegy and this is next on my list for a tour America.
-The Coddling of The American Mind (autocorrected to Mond, apparently too much Aggie football posting) by Liukanoff and Haidt. Curiosity mostly.

Likely up afterwards: Red Rising, Against Heresies
AgLiving06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Primary book is "The Bondage of the Will" by Martin Luther. He considered this his best written book and the only non-catechism he said he wouldn't burn. It's a tough book to read and heavy in philosophy, but you will walk away understanding why Lutherans do not hold to synergism or anything of that nature.

Secondary - I received "Celebrating the Saints" by Will Weedon for donating to his new podcast.

Next Theology book up is "On Good Works" by Johann Gerhard.

Non-Theology - Ill probably start rereading Harry Potter at some point this year.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.