What the Bible says...

2,008 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by CrackerJackAg
aggiedad20
How long do you want to ignore this user?
About the catholic church

Happy New Year!

http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/wtbsatcc.pdf
dermdoc
AG
aggiedad20 said:

About the catholic church

Happy New Year!

http://apologeticspress.org/pdfs/e-books_pdf/wtbsatcc.pdf

I am not Catholic. Where did the Bible come from?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And what did the early church do before the Bible was published?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
aggiedad20
My Bible came from Bass Pro Shop. Camo NKJ. It's glorious!

But you're serious aren't you? It's really not a mystery.

Be safe
aggiedad20
dermdoc said:

And what did the early church do before the Bible was published?

Well they weren't smashing cymbals and bending guitar strings nor were they sprinkling babies or burning incense. That's a fact.
Zobel
AG
We literally just had this discussion.

https://texags.com/forums/15/topics/3066683/3#discussion

We left off with you explaining how some scripture isn't applicable or something.
How do you understand Malachi 1:11?
aggiedad20
Happy New Year K2

If you really believe that John's vision in Revelation concerning incense is authoritative for NT worship, hen by all means knock yourself out.

You're in error though.
Zobel
AG
That entire book is based off of a false premise about what the word catholic means. In fact the whole treatise seems to be using the word Catholicism as a kind of insulting caricature of all things wrong with religion and then working very hard to backwards ascribe that in history. For the record catholic simply means "according to the whole". Just as one Church is according to the whole Church of Christ.

There's a ton of speculation presented as fact, begging the question, in how they gloss through the history of the church. And lots and lots of scare "quotes" like saying "bishop" even though "episcopos" is a scriptural word.

In other words, that's a pretty useless document, read meat for people looking for confirmation bias, worthless for any other purpose.
Zobel
AG
Still can't answer the question I see. Guess we'll wait a few months and do it again.
aggiedad20
k2aggie07 said:

Still can't answer the question I see. Guess we'll wait a few months and do it again.

k2...everyone here, including the habitual lurkers, knows that you and you alone have the truth cornered nice and tight. Erroneous at times but still not worth the effort imho. You have no desire to know my opinion other than to mock or belittle it. That's obvious.

Once again...Happy New Year sir
Zobel
AG
Never made any such claim. I'm interested in what's right, not who. I've been wrong many times, and I'm sure I've got more ahead.

It's pretty rich for you of all people on here to play the martyr about your opinions being mocked and belittled.

Happy new year to you too. Maybe for President's day we can do this again.
CrackerJackAg
AG
aggiedad20 said:

k2aggie07 said:

k2...everyone here, including the habitual lurkers, knows that you and you alone have the truth cornered nice and tight. Erroneous at times but still not worth the effort imho. You have no desire to know my opinion other than to mock or belittle it. That's obvious.

Once again...Happy New Year sir

"Cornered"? I don't know.

More right than you....absolutely.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.