Why do you believe there exists an afterlife?

19,822 Views | 352 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by MidTnAg
fwheightsboy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Words. So many words. And not one person has any actual proof.
diehard03
Quote:

It's almost as if, that's not the point.
ramblin_ag02
AG
fwheightsboy said:

Since this is also a philosophy board and all, could you give a definition of "actual proof"?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
MidTnAg
AG
dermdoc said:

MidTnAg said:

dermd said:

If you run toward Him, life is better.
So you are saying that if I examined the lives of all individuals who believe in a god and afterlife and those who don't, I would find that "life is better" for those in the former group compared to those in the latter group?
My friend, we probably have different definitions of what makes life "better". It is not about things, or money, or how pretty your wife is, etc. I think what makes life "better" is peace, joy, love, hope, and a relationship with God through Christ. Which makes all my relationships "better" and more meaningful. It is about having the peace to enjoy every single moment, no matter the circumstances. As far as an afterlife, the Kingdom of Heaven is here. Now.

And I do not think any studies or examinations can measure those things.
You obviously do not know much about research studies, do you? Ask a research psychologist to do a research study on peace, joy, love, or hope and they will ask you what parameters do you want studied.
= = =
You think the earth is the Kingdom of Heaven? If true, your Heaven is definitely not where I would want to live eternity. People on earth get slaughtered due to being different (cultural, religion, race, sexual orientation, etc.), staked to the ground to be raped by any passerby, born deformed, physically / mentally tortured, inherited horrible conditions / diseases, etc. I see too much suffering. Maybe this is actually the Kingdom of Hell.

One example: Tay-Sacs disease if you knew anyone who was born with this horrible disease, you would not say that earth is the Kingdom of Heaven or Kingdom of anything that is good. You would desperately hope this person was able to leave this earth and find a true heaven. Well, you wouldn't. But most people would.

Don't get me wrong. There is a lot of good here on earth, but there is way too much suffering here for earth to be considered Heaven. Way too much. You apparently have so much peach, joy, love, and hope in your heart that you are incapable of seeing the suffering in others. Unfortunately, I see too much. I feel sorry for you.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.