Sin didn't enter the world through Adams actions, Death did

3,642 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 94chem
Aggrad08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Most people find it to be highly deceptive and lacking purpose and reject it on those grounds. Why leave evidence of billions of years of "fast forward"creation? Why leave fossils and sediment layers that tell a story of 4 billion years Instead of just one layer? It's hardly necessary for any imaginable reason. And evolution is a rather clunky and death ridden way to get to the life you had in mind if you are only concerned with the last 6k years. It may be simple buts it's rather problematic which is why it's not terribly popular in comparison to an actual old earth or an actual young one.
PabloSerna
AG
"Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and formed a man from it. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nose, and the man became a living person", Genesis 2:7"

To the folks that have an issue with Adam and Eve...

Something that helped me get over my initial "literal" interpretation was reading about former Pope John Paul II's comment about this passage and his explanation of the "phenomenological leap" that occurred. JP2 explained that the "dust" was the animal without a soul at whatever level of development God felt was ready to receive this change. However, once this happened.. Man was created. The old animal was now a new creation. Time was not ever the issue. If it took 250 million years - not a problem - all in God's time.

Science authentically researched... explains the "how" not necessarily the "why".

Fides et Ratio, a good read.

+Pablo

94chem
PabloSerna said:

"Then the Lord God took dust from the ground and formed a man from it. He breathed the breath of life into the man's nose, and the man became a living person", Genesis 2:7"

Something that helped me get over my initial "literal" interpretation was reading about former Pope John Paul II's comment about this passage and his explanation of the "phenomenological leap" that occurred. JP2 explained that the "dust" was the animal without a soul at whatever level of development God felt was ready to receive this change. However, once this happened.. Man was created. The old animal was now a new creation. Time was not ever the issue. If it took 250 million years - not a problem - all in God's time.

Science authentically researched... explains the "how" not necessarily the "why".

+Pablo

I am similarly influenced by the cold, dark, emptiness of outer space. We have spent countless millions studying the reaches of the universe, but the reality is that no matter how many telescopes we build, missions we fund, radio signals we send out, organic molecules we discover, space is a dead place. It is only the breath of God that gives life, and only the Spirit of God that brings the soul to life. Remember that all scripture, just like all life, is God-breathed. Genesis is a story about God.
schmendeler
AG
94chem said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

I am similarly influenced by the cold, dark, emptiness of outer space. We have spent countless millions studying the reaches of the universe, but the reality is that no matter how many telescopes we build, missions we fund, radio signals we send out, organic molecules we discover, space is a dead place. It is only the breath of God that gives life, and only the Spirit of God that brings the soul to life. Remember that all scripture, just like all life, is God-breathed. Genesis is a story about God.

Would existence of life somewhere other than Earth be something that makes you abandon your faith?
montanagriz
S
I suggest looking up and reading Dakes Bible. Sold on Amazon but it will answer a lot of genesis questions
PA24
AG
schmendeler said:

94chem said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

Would existence of life somewhere other than Earth be something that makes you abandon your faith?
Space creatures that only show themselves to folks n the backwaters of Mississippi. Really advanced type civilization from far away that fly around using ...navigation lights.

No aliens from space.

94chem
schmendeler said:

94chem said:

PabloSerna said:

+Pablo

no
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.