It's time!

3,571 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Zobel
dermdoc
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Is it cuz I'm a girl?

Not at all. I have lite beer. And aperitifs.

You know me. You are like an adopted daughter. And everyone here is welcome. I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

LIGHT BEER?!

Don't you Lutherans believe in complement male and female roles?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I'll be up for the game and planning to go to church Sunday if you want to join?

Hey man! Im definitely down for that!
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Is it cuz I'm a girl?

You know me. You are like an adopted daughter. And everyone here is welcome. I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams.

LIGHT BEER?!

Any beer that has a "light" alternative will never be found in my fridge. Stouts or nothing.
88Warrior
dermdoc said:

PacifistAg said:

Well, now that we're here in CS, we haven't been attending a CoC. We know some stuff that went down at A&M CoC that make us uncomfortable there. We have not been able to find a church body. We have attended several different denominations. Visited St Silouan, but we made the mistake of going in pretty blind. It was a last minute decision because my wife had heard me singing the praises of Orthodox so much. I don't think that was a good idea, especially for a very small congregation. It seemed very claustrophobic and was such a radical departure of what we have grown up in that my kids couldn't handle it. I think if I stopped being lazy and drove my butt to Houston to visit with k2, then it would be much better. I loved it though regardless.

As for a beer, absolutely. Beware, I may just vent nonstop about work lol.
As long as my wine glass is not empty, I am a great listener. I would love you to visit Brazos Fellowship.

Wine?!? Thought you were a bourbon man Doc?!?
swimmerbabe11
dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

dermdoc said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Is it cuz I'm a girl?

LIGHT BEER?!

Don't you Lutherans believe in complement male and female roles?

I'm so mad at you for how hard I am laughing
dermdoc
AG
88Warrior said:

dermdoc said:

PacifistAg said:

Well, now that we're here in CS, we haven't been attending a CoC. We know some stuff that went down at A&M CoC that make us uncomfortable there. We have not been able to find a church body. We have attended several different denominations. Visited St Silouan, but we made the mistake of going in pretty blind. It was a last minute decision because my wife had heard me singing the praises of Orthodox so much. I don't think that was a good idea, especially for a very small congregation. It seemed very claustrophobic and was such a radical departure of what we have grown up in that my kids couldn't handle it. I think if I stopped being lazy and drove my butt to Houston to visit with k2, then it would be much better. I loved it though regardless.

As long as my wine glass is not empty, I am a great listener. I would love you to visit Brazos Fellowship.

Depends which forum I am on.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
88Warrior
dermdoc said:

88Warrior said:

dermdoc said:

PacifistAg said:

Plenty of the good stuff in Wildwood...
Serotonin
AG
PacifistAg said:

Visited St Silouan, but we made the mistake of going in pretty blind. It was a last minute decision because my wife had heard me singing the praises of Orthodox so much. I don't think that was a good idea, especially for a very small congregation. It seemed very claustrophobic and was such a radical departure of what we have grown up in that my kids couldn't handle it.
Sorry to hear that, I completely understand your wife's reaction. We've been fortunate to visit a couple of smaller Orthodox parishes since becoming Orthodox and I can see how tough it would be for a newcomer.
dermdoc
AG
88Warrior said:

dermdoc said:

88Warrior said:

dermdoc said:

PacifistAg said:

Plenty of the good stuff in Wildwood...

Maybe it is just me but that kind of sounds creepy
88Warrior
Just good bourbon!
dermdoc
AG
Just kidding my friend. And sipping on some bourbon right now.
Zobel
AG
I'm heading over there now.
PacifistAg
AG
k2aggie07 said:

I'm heading over there now.

The constantly changing Texas weather has me and the family down for the count today. Think I brought it from the office as one of my staff is out sick.
swimmerbabe11
I'll be hosting a LSU watch party in Houston. Bringing the whole tailgate trailer down and everything. I'm very excited.

If any of you want to watch a football game somewhere, I'm happy to have folks join!
Zobel
AG
No worries all my kids are sick too.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.