Jesus Is King by Kanye West

6,756 Views | 76 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bmks270
AgShaun00
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
this album allows a lot of christians to talk to nonbelievers and ask if they heard Kayne's new album. I actually brought up in the office today and then mentioned Bieber. I know I can't judge, and hope he has a great impact. I know i failed at many aspects in life.
one MEEN Ag
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

The songs in that second video at 15 min and 20 min are awesome. Still listening.

The album has some good songs and some boring songs. I def like Lecrae better.
Lecrae is good, but his best stuff was in the Rehab Albums. Trip Lee, Andy Mineo, KB, 116 are always on the same spotify playlist and good listens.

NF is incredible as well. Very different rapper from the rest of the guys for sure.
diehard03
Quote:

Agreed. It is something we see far too often, but typically revolves around other issues that many often elevate to the level of a 'salvational' issue. I pray for Kanye and that he has people of faith who can properly disciple him on the way of Christ.

I don't disagree, but I don't know that people are really trying to deny him a place at the "feast of salvation". Most are simply asking if he's real about it or not.

My personal concern is more that we are being used and it's causing people to make some silly statements about God that will look really really foolish if he backtracks.
one MEEN Ag
AG
wealeat09 said:

Funny, I really don't like Lecrae. It's probably more of a style thing. Can you recommend some of your favorites so I can give him another shot?

I'm curious, what are the songs that you find boring? I feel like they are all typical Kanye from a production standpoint. I actually only wish some of them were longer.
Not that you have to like Lecrae, but I really like his old stuff (insert eye roll). The Church Clothes Albums and Rehab album are really good.

Favorite Christian rap song is Death Has Died by Andy Mineo. Song starts at a funeral Andy attended, ends with Christ's redemption. For me, its an incredibly powerful song.
Frok
AG
So I listened to the album. It really didn't do much for me. It's encouraging in that it looks like he may be honest in his conversion. But not really something I would listen to regularly.

capital markets
AG
one MEEN Ag said:

wealeat09 said:

Funny, I really don't like Lecrae. It's probably more of a style thing. Can you recommend some of your favorites so I can give him another shot?

I'm curious, what are the songs that you find boring? I feel like they are all typical Kanye from a production standpoint. I actually only wish some of them were longer.
Not that you have to like Lecrae, but I really like his old stuff (insert eye roll). The Church Clothes Albums and Rehab album are really good.

Favorite Christian rap song is Death Has Died by Andy Mineo. Song starts at a funeral Andy attended, ends with Christ's redemption. For me, its an incredibly powerful song.

TY for the recommendation of this song. I listened to the song based on this recommendation and it lead me to some of his other songs too. Mineo is now one of my favorite Christian rap artists!
swimmerbabe11

bmks270
AG
Those who Kanye leads to belief will find life, and if their belief is dependent upon Kanye's belief, it means Kanye is their idol and their belief will be choked out, but among those who hear some will be as fertile soil and bear fruit.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.