What caused spacetime and matter?

1,862 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by bmks270
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
How does quantum vacuum begin?
Post removed:
by user
DirtDiver
In the beginning God created the heavens...
How? Spoke them into existence.
How does that work? Mystery.
Example: Jesus spoke and the wind and seas obeyed His voice.
Ordhound04
AG
You might want to consider the "Kalam Cosmological Argument" if you're looking for a theological/philosophical perspective.

It was popularized by St. Bonaventure and a couple of Muslim theologians/philosophers in the scholastic medieval period. More recently William Lane Craig has popularized it.
chimpanzee
Aquinas' argument from motion steps through a lot of this and it goes into some fundamental philosophy stuff that for a few centuries now people have been claiming to debunk and then other people counterclaiming that the debunkers are misunderstanding. I don't think there's anything particularly groundbreaking that anyone here will be able to solve, but it makes for interesting research.

I'm probably about 0.005% caught up on the back and forth.
94chem
I dunno. I guess someone infinitely smart, infinitely present, and infinitely powerful could make something infinitely hot and infinitely dense. To think that he could do it without even raising the price of beer just boggles my mind.
Kool
AG
94chem said:

I dunno. I guess someone infinitely smart, infinitely present, and infinitely powerful could make something infinitely hot and infinitely dense. To think that he could do it without even raising the price of beer just boggles my mind.

Beer was always free until the Fall of Man. At least that's how it was taught to me in CCD classes.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Thaddeus73
AG
So is this topic religious or philosophical?
Redstone
AG
We are share in the Universal Consciousness, which is Christ Himself.

All is reaction to, and in some way, a part of, the First Cause, which is the Logos - Reason, Order - of all creation, which we relate to as Christ.

There is only Being, fundamentally, and the decisions of His creatures.
bmks270
AG
Redstone said:

We are share in the Universal Consciousness, which is Christ Himself.

All is reaction to, and in some way, a part of, the First Cause, which is the Logos - Reason, Order - of all creation, which we relate to as Christ.

There is only Being, fundamentally, and the decisions of His creatures.

I have to admit, after some recent study the concept of creation being a derivative of thought has seemed a lot more compelling.

However, this view of natural order lends itself to occultism.

It's mysticism, a belief that is thousands of years old.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.