SIAP - Movie: The Cider House Rules

1,482 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ravingfans
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Has anyone seen this movie?

Synopsis:
A young man is taught medicine by the doctor at the orphanage where he was brought up. However, when he clashes with his mentor over the issue of abortion, he leaves the home and finds work on a cider farm. There he falls in love with another man's girlfriend but starts to re-evaluate his principles when one of the farm workers becomes pregnant by her own father.

Sigh!

I dunno how I lucked upon this movie this past Sunday, but it has definitely led me to question my own views and predispositions.

I hope Jesus comes back soon.

I do not envy the job of doctors, surgeons, and all those in the medical field, not to mention orphans. This world needs a lot of prayer.
SquirrellyDan
AG
The book is very good, never got around to watching the movie.
swimmerbabe11
I read the wiki and it made me want to cry. I have never understood sad movies...although I do like some sad books.
ravingfans
AG
saw the movie just last week. There were some interesting moments, but also some not so subtle messages throughout that show some bias (my opinion). It accomplished the goal of making one think.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.