Old testament scholars review Pooh

1,414 Views | 3 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Cute and funny read of an old testament style review breaking down Winnie the Pooh

https://drmsh.com/clines-new-directions-in-pooh-studies/

I very much enjoyed this text
ramblin_ag02
AG
Quote:

If we add to these three sources JED the work of the redactor of the Pooh corpus, to whom we might conveniently attach the siglum P (Pooh), we have the classic four-source theory that is the objective of
all literary analysis

So true lol

Pooh the priest of "Honey" the Canaanite fertility goddess, Christopher Robin the vegetation deity, and the redaction of Piglets alternate religion all had me rolling

There needs to be an Onion or Babylon Bee type publication for research journals
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
Yes! I mean, it helps that the source material is adorable.
UTExan
This feels dirty.

My pastor is preaching a series on God in the movies and used the 2018 film Christopher Robin as a means of showing the importance of keeping a Sabbath or rest day. I went home, queued it up and my wife and I watched it Sunday afternoon. Both during the sermon and during the movie, tears flowed freely. I highly recommend it for spiritual refreshment.
It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
swimmerbabe11
Why does it feel dirty? I don't think it is mean spirited?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.