This is the professed scientific forum?

1,694 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by Waltonloads08
Repeat the Line
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Why?
swimmerbabe11
Where would you put it? The politics board?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Well this is the Religion and Philosophy board. Science is an outgrowth of natural philosophy dating back at least to Aristotles systemic categorization and probably even earlier than that. Even the Enlightenment movement that so elevated science was still closely liked to natural philosophy specifically and philosophy in general. It isn't really until the late 19 and 20 centuries that Science is a distinct entity from philosophy.

Also, we have lots of very highly educated professionals and scientists here that can explain new findings and interact civilly.

The only other forum I can think of is Academics, but last time I saw that forum it was just people complaining about classes
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Woody2006
AG
Adorable Mason Reeves said:

Why?
Because the people who post here regularly actually care about science and enjoy sharing and discussing it. That isn't true on any of the other boards.
Win At Life
AG
Post something about evolution and find out.
PacifistAg
AG

Why?
Where else would it be? Maybe Academics, but that's probably far more of a stretch than R&P. There's no other board that would be a logical place.
Martin Q. Blank
Science vs. religion. The ultimate battleground. Haven't you heard?
one MEEN Ag
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

The only other forum I can think of is Academics, but last time I saw that forum it was just parents people complaining about their kid getting waitlisted classes
Frok
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Absolutely. From what I've gathered scientific studies are often VERY political in nature
DirtDiver
Correction: Philosophies of science vs religion.
chimmy
Frok said:

swimmerbabe11 said:

Absolutely. From what I've gathered scientific studies are often VERY political in nature
That's an illogical arena, but I can see why someone would believe that if their world view is shaped by politics.
94chem
I always wondered what the Ph was for. Well, at least when I'm not staring at the girl on the left in the CC Creations ad when I'm trying to post something.
Frok
AG
Quote:

That's an illogical arena,

And this one is logical? It's filled with outspoken atheists and christians. Neither of us think the other are logical.
UTExan

Why?
Oh. okay, here you go, just to make the board sciency...

It is better to light a flamethrower than to curse the darkness- Sir Terence Pratchett
“ III stooges si viveret et nos omnes ad quos etiam probabile est mittent custard pies”
IIIHorn
The conveyor is moot!
Waltonloads08
AG
IIIHorn said:

The conveyor is moot!

A man of culture I see
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.