How to Pray The Rosary Correctly

2,472 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by JoeAggie5
Cedar Bayou Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I went through RCIA in 2015 and came into the church that year as well. I married a cradle catholic and attend mass weekly. I have never been taught or figure out how to pray the rosary correctly. I have even tried to watch YouTube videos about it. I guess i dont actually know if you need to pray a prayer for every bead or just certain beads? Which prayers you pray?
Dad-O-Lot
AG
How to pray the Rosary

Short answer, is yes, a prayer for every bead.

Hail Mary on the small beads, The Lord's Prayer (The Our Father) on the large Beads.

Start at the Cross with the Apostle's Creed.

Pray the Glorious Mysteries on Sunday and Wednesday; The Joyful Mysteries on Monday and Saturday, The Sorrowful Mysteries on Tuesday and Friday; The Luminous Mysteries on Thursday.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
I would add the Fatima Prayer after each "Glory be" and I would add a Hail Holy Queen after the last Fatima prayer.

Fatima Prayer - Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins and save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

There are numerous good and free apps that properly recite the Rosary. I usually listen to one in my truck on the way to work each morning.
jrico2727
AG
I find a scriptural rosary helps to keep you focused durning each decade. Here is a link to a good one it has each mystery, also it will help walk you through each individual prayer. God Bless www.ourcatholicprayers.com/scriptural-rosary.html
Dad-O-Lot
AG
XUSCR said:

I would add the Fatima Prayer after each "Glory be" and I would add a Hail Holy Queen after the last Fatima prayer.

Fatima Prayer - Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins and save us from the fires of hell. Lead all souls to Heaven, especially those in most need of thy mercy. Amen.

There are numerous good and free apps that properly recite the Rosary. I usually listen to one in my truck on the way to work each morning.
yes, those additional prayers are in the link.

I say a rosary on my way to work each morning.

If traffic is light, I finish as I am pulling into my parking spot.

On a heavy traffic day, I may only get halfway to work before I'm finished.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
FTACo88-FDT24dad
AG
The Marians up in Stockbridge, Mass have an excellent Divine Mercy app also. You can use it for an audio Divine Mercy chaplet.
JoeAggie5
I second this. Really helps you focus on the words and realize the scriptural significance.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.