He (God) is So Funny! He tickled me! Love is the only thing that matters!

1,813 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by dermdoc
booboo91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Update on true story I have posted several times.

Want to share with you an update I received on an incredible story I heard back in June of 2008 at retreat. After 11 years, I was able to touch base and get more details on this story that really resonated with me.

This story was given to me from Fr. Patrick Geinzer (Passionist Priest, now in New York State) about his niece Michele Geinzer and her mother and Father Tom and Gaye Geinzer. Fr. Patrick (Pat) is a brother of Tom and was living in same town when this occurred. These events occurred on Good Friday March 21 2008. See attachment on Michele's big day. It is long but well worth the read!
Michele's Big Day- God is Funny!

• "He's so funny." she continued, "He has a real sense of humor, Dad. You wouldn't believe it."
  • "I'm talking to God and He's right here with me now." She said, "He loves you, Mom."
  • Michele said, "He's very funny." She said, "He tickled me."
  • Then she asked us, "Can you feel Him" and she continued, "Can't you feel the love?" "That's what He is, He's love." She said as she walked in front of the couch. She looked at us and said, "He says, "Love is the only thing that matters." She looked at us as if to make a point of it, she wanted to make sure we understood. "Love is the only thing that matters. That's what He said."
  • She said to us, "He has such a sense of humor." Then she looked back at God and said, "That's right, You invented humor."

Questions and Comments:
1) After reading this, I think of God as George Burns or Morgan Freeman. Being with God will be so awesome! God is so fun to be around. God is Love and calls us to Love. How we love on this earth is the only thing that matters.
2) What gifts has God given you? How are you using them? Note: Michele had the gift of music and compassion (compassion was not mentioned in this talk, she used it working at nursing home).
3) There is a Heaven and Hell. Not mentioned in this discussion, God spoke to Michele about saving someone at nursing home. Interesting how God does all he can to have everyone in Heaven with him.
4)To this day, Fr. Pat has her hair, does not know why he was meant to have it.

Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Awesome read
dermdoc
AG
Love it. And that is how God reveals himself to me also. I think a lot of Christians take life and themselves way too seriously.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
booboo91
dermdoc said:

Love it. And that is how God reveals himself to me also. I think a lot of Christians take life and themselves way too serious
Tell us a little bit about your God whisper or maybe it was much more than a whisper. Tell us about your encounter.

dermdoc
AG
booboo91 said:

dermdoc said:

Love it. And that is how God reveals himself to me also. I think a lot of Christians take life and themselves way too serious
Tell us a little bit about your God whisper or maybe it was much more than a whisper. Tell us about your encounter.

It is more like an ongoing thing. When I went through the death of my sister about two years ago the whisper reassured me He was taking care of her and that I would see her and my loved ones again. And when things get stressed out, I can feel God laugh.

My mother used to always remark that she could never understand how people who stated the Lord was in control were so stern and joyless. Wise woman.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
And to continue on the topic of love, I have a brother in law who works as a lawyer but could have been a theologian. Constantly reading and thinking about theology. We were talking about the narrow gate and wide road Scripture and I asked him his thoughts on it. He is convinced the narrow gate is love and that people search for all kinds of other things to "save" themselves. I like that.
swimmerbabe11
Thought I would put this here!

dermdoc
AG
Love it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.