A Long Embrace

1,787 Views | 4 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by jkag89
jkag89
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Saw this piece on ESPN Sports Center this morning -

"For some one who understands, no explanation is necessary. For someone who doesn't understand, no explanation will suffice."

Whatever happened to Villanova basketball star Shelly Pennefather?
By Elizabeth Merrill - ESPN Senior Writer

swimmerbabe11
So once every 25 years, she is allowed to hug some family and friends and then immerse returns into the cloister? No lunch, no leaving campus, just.. one hug and peace out again?
Athanasius
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

So once every 25 years, she is allowed to hug some family and friends and then immerse returns into the cloister? No lunch, no leaving campus, just.. one hug and peace out again?

Quote:

"She gets two family visits per year, but converses through a see-through screen. She can write letters to her friends, but only if they write to her first. And once every 25 years, she can hug her family."

It looks absolutely nuts to the world. But, with an eternal view, they are the true 'Avengers'. Imagine these sisters in their dedication, simplicity, suffering, and prayer protecting the whole world from evils unseen.

"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12

dermdoc
AG
I have always been interested in the Biblical basis for this. I do not remember any suggestions or commands to cloister one self.

And I do not think it is nuts and honestly would prefer it some of the time. I just think our mission field is outside the walls of a building.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
I feel so sorry for the girl's poor mother. I imagined trying to explain such a thing to my mom for a moment and nearly cried.
jkag89
Count me as one of those that really does not understand Cloistered Vocations. I respect it and those who are called to it, but do not understand it..
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.