Interesting Take By Former Transgender

1,778 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by DirtDiver
UTExan
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I admit my very limited personal knowledge on this topic, so I have been getting a variety of views. This one struck me particularly:
Seamaster
AG
Oh. You're aren't allowed to question this here.

We have to accept the overturning of science uncritically. Question it, and you're thread gets deleted mysteriously.
diehard03
His past seems to be different from others. it seems like others implanted his dysphoria. (I googled him)
UTExan
That's a variable on which I would like to see further research because he does mention trauma/abuse as a factor.
Win At Life
AG
UTExan said:

That's a variable on which I would like to see further research because he does mention trauma/abuse as a factor.

He claimed is the video that 100% of the people to whom he ask what caused their dysphoria had a "reason" as well which can be inferred from his discussion that the reason was an external factor.
diehard03
Quote:

He claimed is the video that 100% of the people to whom he ask what caused their dysphoria had a "reason" as well which can be inferred from his discussion that the reason was an external factor.

Either he's only talked to the ones that fit his agenda...or there are a lot of disingenuous people. There are many voices that claim "I just didn't feel right as male/female and now I feel whole as a female/male" with no one trying to drive them into changing genders.
Beer Baron
AG
Also, many of those people are facing the opposite of what he claims - people actively trying to prevent them from transitioning.
AGC
AG
diehard03 said:

Quote:

Either he's only talked to the ones that fit his agenda...or there are a lot of disingenuous people. There are many voices that claim "I just didn't feel right as male/female and now I feel whole as a female/male" with no one trying to drive them into changing genders.

Or c) none of the above because the real world is more complex. The data reflects high comorbidity (other disorders present) and sustained rates of suicidal ideation and comorbidity post transition. The current system encourages quick transition without exploring everything else going on so it's unsurprising those issues remain unexplored. The anecdotal report you're giving and lack of true psychological analysis prior to transition means we should be hesitant to accept that simple explanation unless they've undergone intensive therapy for at least a year to deal with the anxiety, stress, depression, and other issues that they're dealing with. One of the populations with higher diagnosis rates are autistics (re: struggle with social cues) so it's hard to separate out the causality (lesbians are another disproportionate population).
HaEmet
The issue is a spiritual issue. Until people realize this, people will transition, people will want to transition back, people will have suicidal thoughts and unfortunately some will follow through. Most, if not all, will deal with depression. It is a spiritual issue.
DirtDiver
If I'm fat but identify as a skinny person, does that mean I'm translender?
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.