Discussion: Favorite and Least Favorite Heresies

5,093 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by swimmerbabe11
swimmerbabe11
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I have a new favorite and it is Manicheism.

On an unrelated note, I've been eating a lot more cucumbers and melons lately.
Aggrad08
AG
dermdoc said:

My favorite heresy is Mormonism and least favorite is Calvinism. I mean, Jesus in a submarine coming to America and then ruling an entire planet or whatever after you die is way cool.
My favorite too. Its awesomely silly, and most importantly, Mormons know how to treat people like jesus better than just about any other group I've seen. Hats off to them.
dermdoc
AG
My new favorite heresy is "almost" Christian Universalism. I am a cock eyed optimist who believes in a God who wants to save everybody. And commune with us in the New Jerusalem.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
Quote:

But living a holy life affected more than the elect's personal salvation. It made his body, and his digestive system in particular, a miraculous instrument for liberating the light particles of the World Soul that were imprisoned in melons, cucumbers, grapes, water, fruit juice, etc. By eating those fruits the elect set free the light particles from the material massa damnata and let them ascend to the New Paradise of Light in their hymns of praise, their prayers and, as Augustine derisively says, their belches (ructatibus, Baur, 1831 = 1973, p. 287). This happened in their sacramental meals, regularly held whenever fasting was not incumbent.

Guys.
ramblin_ag02
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

But living a holy life affected more than the elect's personal salvation. It made his body, and his digestive system in particular, a miraculous instrument for liberating the light particles of the World Soul that were imprisoned in melons, cucumbers, grapes, water, fruit juice, etc. By eating those fruits the elect set free the light particles from the material massa damnata and let them ascend to the New Paradise of Light in their hymns of praise, their prayers and, as Augustine derisively says, their belches (ructatibus, Baur, 1831 = 1973, p. 287). This happened in their sacramental meals, regularly held whenever fasting was not incumbent.

Guys.
I'm confused. I thought this was a heresy thread. This is basic elementary level Sunday school stuff. Though so far I've only been able to liberate the sound particles from the food
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
swimmerbabe11
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manichaeism

check it out. Some wierd fun stuff.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.