Picking a new Protestant religion? (Methodist)

6,570 Views | 78 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyForNow
MooreTrucker
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
TexagChris17 said:

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't rule Catholicism out.
With all that's going on in the Catholic Church, you would seriously recommend that to someone leaving a church because the vote went "the wrong way"?
Martin Q. Blank
Page 3 and 1 week later. What did you pick OP? Hopefully mine.
cecil77
AG
Your are correct, of course, I was just being concise, and maybe too nice...
Zobel
AG
Martin Q. Blank said:

Page 3 and 1 week later. What did you pick OP? Hopefully mine.
BTHOthatguy
So as the OP, I feel a need to respond.

I sat down with my local pastor and a few delegates. They are all in agreement that the "liberal" faction, for lack of a better term, will lose this vote but be allowed to leave without penalty. Or some concessions to go away.

While it bothers me that the deserters will likely leave with more funds than they contributed, I think I will stay with the religion of my upbringing. If that is the case, I will choose forgiveness for those preverting my faith.
one MEEN Ag
AG
BTHOthatguy said:

So as the OP, I feel a need to respond.

I sat down with my local pastor and a few delegates. They are all in agreement that the "liberal" faction, for lack of a better term, will lose this vote but be allowed to leave without penalty. Or some concessions to go away.

While it bothers me that the deserters will likely leave with more funds than they contributed, I think I will stay with the religion of my upbringing. If that is the case, I will choose forgiveness for those preverting my faith.
So the liberal factions out on SF get to keep that super valuable piece of property?
Martin Cash
AG
MooreTrucker said:

TexagChris17 said:

In all seriousness though, you shouldn't rule Catholicism out.
With all that's going on in the Catholic Church, you would seriously recommend that to someone leaving a church because the vote went "the wrong way"?
Not enough blue stars for this.
OnlyForNow
AG
the Problem needs to be addressed, swiftly and justly, but it doesn't mean that Catholics are all bad.

And I'm not Catholic and don't agree on many of their beliefs (I'm actually Methodist) who has been involved in my own churches issues surrounding this vote as well.
Martin Cash
AG
OnlyForNow said:

the Problem needs to be addressed, swiftly and justly, but it doesn't mean that Catholics are all bad.

And I'm not Catholic and don't agree on many of their beliefs (I'm actually Methodist) who has been involved in my own churches issues surrounding this vote as well.
You're right, it doesn't. But it does mean church leadership is corrupt. (Methodist myself)
OnlyForNow
AG
All of it or just the fact that it was a "known" issue and swept under the rug for so long?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.