Podcast: Veteran suicide, faith, nonviolence

1,488 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by PacifistAg
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So, I was asked recently to come on a podcast that discusses the subject of veteran suicide. We get into my backstory, the impact my faith has had on my life, nonviolence, and suicide (primarily about our mutual friend, Will, who lost his battle with PTSD last Feb). Here's the link if anyone is interested: The Ace Report.
Post removed:
by user
PacifistAg
AG
No problem. Please forgive my rambling and "ums" and "you knows".
Texaggie7nine
Thanks for the link. I listened to most of it.

Sorry to ask, and please let me know if it's asking too much than you feel comfortable answering but I always assumed your staunch turn to pacifism was, in large part, due to up close and personal experiences you had with lethal violence when you were serving overseas. Were you involved in that type of action while over there?
7nine
PacifistAg
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

Thanks for the link. I listened to most of it.

Sorry to ask, and please let me know if it's asking too much than you feel comfortable answering but I always assumed your staunch turn to pacifism was, in large part, due to up close and personal experiences you had with lethal violence when you were serving overseas. Were you involved in that type of action while over there?
It's really my faith that is what led me to reject violence. My experiences, however, threw gas onto that passion. I believe it gave me a unique perspective and helps highlight the radical transformation that Christ had on my life. And yes, I was involved in that type of action. I was an airborne infantry NCO, and was in Baghdad area from October 06-November 07. About 1.5-2 months of that was right on the edge of Sadr City.
Texaggie7nine
I see. Thanks for answering.
7nine
PacifistAg
AG
Texaggie7nine said:

I see. Thanks for answering.
Btw, I know you said you listened to most. I hope you caught the last segment when we talked about my friend Will and his suicide. He's the reason our mutual friend started the podcast. I just say that because I love the guy and want his story to be heard, especially what he meant to me.
Serotonin
AG
Thank you for sharing.
Frok
AG
That's cool, I will definitely give it a listen.
dermdoc
AG
When I get some time I am going to listen.

Edited to add that I am making time right now.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Over halfway through. Good interview and thanks for letting us know about this.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
dermdoc
AG
Finally finished and I was blessed for listening. Thanks.
PacifistAg
AG
Glad you made it through, as I know it's long. Even more thrilled that God was able to use it as a blessing to you. All glory to Him.
Post removed:
by user
PacifistAg
AG
I think I may have mentioned it in passing, but haven't really broadcast it.
Frok
AG
You mentioned you can tend to be lazy. I lol'd at that. Me too man, me too. (Probably pretty obvious based on my Texags posting history)
PacifistAg
AG
Definitely have my lazy moments.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Great listen. Thank you for sharing!
PacifistAg
AG
BTW, thanks for the kind words everyone. Glad you all enjoyed it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.