is Trump's deal of the century going to be a 7 year peace treaty?

5,033 Views | 62 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Aggrad08
RespectTheDecision
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
curious if yall have any thoughts on this?

President Trump's deal of the century is referring to peace treaty between Israel and Palestine.
AggielandPoultry
AG
Never crossed my mind to be honest. But you certainly have my attention!
PacifistAg
AG
If the illegal settlements remain, I can't see the Palestinians agreeing to it.
traxter
I remember some of my friends thought that Obama was the antichrist because it seemed like early in his presidency he was unifying all the nations, almost to the point they were starting to worship him. I guess there's technically still time to see what happens with that, but for the most part I don't pre-occupy myself with prophecies.

Also, I agree, Netanyahu has no incentive to remove settlers right now, and at this point the only land he'd be willing to fork over is dead land without water (similar to the land offered to Arafat at Camp David, only less of it). Any "peace treaty" would be a unilateral thing whereby the Israelis simply say, "we're done, you can have this scattered dead land, we're keeping everything important that we want, if you attack us, we'll just take it all."
AggielandPoultry
AG
Still waiting for the rebuilding of the temple, but I am watching.
RespectTheDecision
AG
im my opinion, there will not be a third temple until a peace treaty with Palestine, Israel & the Muslim nations happens.

The Trump administration is hopefully releasing their Peace plan around April. I am pretty confident President Abbas will reject it, but I'm very interested in seeing if the Trump peace plan says anything about allowing a Jewish Temple to be built.
AggielandPoultry
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

im my opinion, there will not be a third temple until a peace treaty with Palestine, Israel & the Muslim nations happens.

The Trump administration is hopefully releasing their Peace plan around April. I am pretty confident President Abbas will reject it, but I'm very interested in seeing if the Trump peace plan says anything about allowing a Jewish Temple to be built.

Makes sense, so would a 7 year timeline begin at the announcement of peace? Or temple sacrifices?.
RespectTheDecision
AG
it would start when the countries involved sign and execute the treaty.

I think the Trump peace plan is going to be the most innovative and creative plan ever presented. I believe it will be so intriguing that the Palestinians & Arab nations know it's a good deal. But they will reject it because of their hate for Trump.

An interesting side note is President Macron of France has recently said Trump needs to release his peace plan or he will release his own.

I predict either Macron or another political leader will take the Trump peace plan that was rejected by Abbas, and make a few changes (possibly adding verbiage that allows a 3rd Jewish temple to be built) and then become the sponsor for the treaty.
AggielandPoultry
AG
Frisco that would definitely put things into high alert.. Wow.
UTExan
No.
craigernaught
AG
Why would the Palestinians or any Islamic country go along with a plan to rebuild the temple which would have to be located on top of the Dome of the Rock? That's insane.

None of what you desribed is going to happen.
PacifistAg
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

I think the Trump peace plan is going to be the most innovative and creative plan ever presented. I believe it will be so intriguing that the Palestinians & Arab nations know it's a good deal. But they will reject it because of their hate for Trump.

It would have nothing to do with "hatred for Trump". It will be because it will likely leave the illegal settlements in place, allow Israel to maintain sole authority over Palestinian border, air, water and mineral rights, and generally be extremely one-sided given his cozy relationship with Netanyahu and his ilk. If it maintains the policies of apartheid, it will be rejected. That has nothing to do with hating Trump.
RespectTheDecision
AG
Because the arab states know the key to unlocking the financial potential in the middle east is a peace treaty. Most arab nations are hurting financially and they know major investors are not investing their money in the middle east with how unstable it currently is.

There is room on the temple mount for the Dome of the Rock AND a jewish temple. Some jews actually do not believe on top of the temple mount is the correct location of the two previous temples and believe its outside with western wall. Either way I do not see that being an issue.
RespectTheDecision
AG
President Abbas has said multiple times that he will reject any plan presented by Trump. He said it, not me. They hate him for his decision to move the US embassy. Almost all of the Arab nations are hurting financially and the younger muslim leaders know the key to their financial success is to sign a peace deal. Without a peace deal no major companies are going to invest in the middle east. Their oil has been in less demand and US sanctions are crippling them.
PacifistAg
AG
Because Trump's actions have already shown that no legitimate deal will be offered. The move of the embassy showed that any deal from Trump would be a gift to his buddy Netanyahu, which means any deal proposed would leave the apartheid policies and illegal settlements in place.
RespectTheDecision
AG
Now you are either just being silly or you're trolling
PacifistAg
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

Because the arab states know the key to unlocking the financial potential in the middle east is a peace treaty. Most arab nations are hurting financially and they know major investors are not investing their money in the middle east with how unstable it currently is.

There is room on the temple mount for the Dome of the Rock AND a jewish temple. Some jews actually do not believe on top of the temple mount is the correct location of the two previous temples and believe its outside with western wall. Either way I do not see that being an issue.

If you think the Arab world is willing to give up one of their holiest sites in order to make more money, then you clearly don't grasp the situation. The Foundation Stone is arguably the holiest site in Judaism, and sits in the middle of the Dome. That you think it wouldn't be an issue is absurd, tbh.
RespectTheDecision
AG
I do not want to beat a dead horse, but again.... the Dome of the Rock would not have to be removed. There is room for a jewish temple on top of the temple mount along with the dome of the rock. I grasp the situation, Im confident in that. No one would be giving up a "holly site" for money! However, most arab nations are borderline broke and in need of a change. The younger Kings and Presidents in the middle east grasp this more than you think.
PacifistAg
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

I do not want to beat a dead horse, but again.... the Dome of the Rock would not have to be removed. There is room for a jewish temple on top of the temple mount along with the dome of the rock. I grasp the situation, Im confident in that.

Except according to Jewish tradition, the Foundation Stone was the site of the Holy of Holies. Going to have a Temple without that? It is the holiest site in Judaism. I don't think you grasp the situation at all. It's delusional, at best.
MidTnAg
AG
Any Peace Treaties in the Middle East are going to be very very very difficult to achieve. The settlements that Israelis built on Palestinian land will be an enormous block to get any treaties approved and signed.

The Muslims have too much hate towards Israelis to come to some kind of agreement with them without a lot of major concessions being made.

There is absolutely no way in hell that the current leaders of Israel and Hamas would ever agree to any treaty.

United States needs to stop supporting Israel when they carry out severe policies against the Palestinians. The United States needs to strongly push and support a two-state system. The Palestinians are human beings and need to have their own country.
Aggie4Life02
AG
Don't worry. 90% of Revelation has already taken place, and what's left has nothing to do with the USA or the nation that now calls itself Israel.
Aggrad08
AG
This reminds me of the crazy blood moon threads we used to have.
craigernaught
AG
If you think the Palestinians or any Muslim leaders are going to give up the Dome of the Rock, al-Aqsa, or any territory on top of the Noble sanctuary (temple mount) you're nuts. They won't do it for money, peace, or favor from Trump. If they did, their own people would kill them. They fear their own people more than they fear Israel or America.

A peace treaty with Israel isn't going to create investment nor is the lack of one what is hindering it. Jordan has one of the longest and strongest peace treaties with Israel. They were right to do so, but it has not brought them great investment and they remain poor. Other countries that lack a peace treaty have far more foreign investment. It's clear from your comments here that you are grossly unfamiliar with middle east politics. Even entertaining discussion of a third temple would lead to riots in Israel/Palestine and other Arab countries. Building another temple where there is "enough room" would lead to massive destabilization and war.

Not only do the vast majority of people inside Israel and out believe that the most likely place for the temple was where the Dome of the Rock is currently located, but building another temple outside of it would be impossible. The "enough room" argument assumes that there would be an agreement with whatever location was chosen, which is ridiculous. No one would agree even among Jews.
craigernaught
AG
Whatever Trump proposes will not be an honest attempt at a peaceful, just settlement to the crisis. It will be an attempt by the Trump admin, Israel, and Saudi Arabia to strongarm the Palestinians with the goal of re-orienting Middle East politics away from the Israel/Palestinian conflict and towards one opposing Iran. Applying maximalist pressure to neighboring Arab states to join their regional conflict against Iran has been one of the main focuses of Saudi foreign policy under MBS. So far, it has been a spectacular failure. It will fail in Israel and Palestine just as it has failed in Syria, Lebanon, Qatar, Jordan, and Yemen.

The Arabs in the Levant won't ever agree to it and those who think they will are practicing a foreign policy based on fantasy.

None of this even addresses the issues of a border, occupation, terror, Palestinian state viability, land disputes, water, right of return, Gaza, dozens of other historical and religious sites, settlements, or what to do with the millions of Palestinians living in Lebanon, Syria, Egypt, and Jordan.

The Arabs aren't going to sell all of that away for a bag of silver.
RespectTheDecision
AG
please explain more.

Jerusalem has everything to do with Revelation.
RespectTheDecision
Aggie4Life02
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

please explain more.

Jerusalem has everything to do with Revelation.

The vast majority of Revelation is about the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem in AD 70. It was God's judgement on apostate Israel.
RespectTheDecision
AG
I think we will have to agree to disagree. There 100% will be a 3rd temple soon. in my opinion it will happen sooner than later. You can say I'm nutts and delusional. You can suggest that I am clueless about middle east policy, that's fine. BUT God has chosen Israel for himself, has shown time and time again that He will protect Israel, bring His people back to their homeland, and bless them over & over. Just look at what Israel has accomplished in 70 short years!
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

in my opinion it will happen sooner than later.
That's fine, but the reasons you've given to support your opinion aren't grounded in reality. They aren't going to build a Third Temple without the Foundation Stone. They can't have that without getting rid of the Dome on the Rock. Any effort to rebuild the Temple will require the Dome on the Rock to be removed, because do you honestly think Jewish people are going to accept a Temple that is shoved off to the side and a quarter of the size of the original Temple? This doesn't even touch the issue of the al-Aqsa mosque, which the Muslim world would also never accept being removed.

Trump and Netanyahu may come to an agreement, but it certainly won't bring peace. It will bring war with massive bloodshed, including many Palestinian Christians.
craigernaught
AG
The State of Israel is not biblical Israel. Your confusion for the two leads you to serious errors that if acted upon will result in senseless violence, destruction of holy sites, and decades of war.

Your insistence that the temple will be rebuilt soon is founded on your interpretation of the Bible shared by a minority of Christians and is in opposition to the realities on the ground. You cannot explain why now is the time for it to be rebuilt rather than in 1967 or 1948 or 100 years ago or 100 years from now or a 1000 for that matter.

Fanaticism like yours separated from reason and wise counsel from experts is the cause of much suffering in the region by those on all sides. I pray that the Trump administration listens to realists who care for the well-being of innocent people rather than a foreign policy of fantasy.
Aggie4Life02
AG
FriscoTxAggie said:

I think we will have to agree to disagree. There 100% will be a 3rd temple soon. in my opinion it will happen sooner than later. You can say I'm nutts and delusional. You can suggest that I am clueless about middle east policy, that's fine. BUT God has chosen Israel for himself, has shown time and time again that He will protect Israel, bring His people back to their homeland, and bless them over & over. Just look at what Israel has accomplished in 70 short years!

It's not about opinion... it's about reading the Bible and letting it speak for itself. Not reading things into the text that aren't there.
Win At Life
AG
IMO, the prophetic nature of Yoseph points to a Sheker HaMachiach who will make an agreement with Israel during the 7-year period of "The Time of Jacob's trouble". That will be a Jewish man who was raised "in the land" of Israel until a teenager and then lived 20+ years abroad becoming the leader of a powerful nation.
schmendeler
AG
being outside of this belief system it's funny looking back at it and people that are so sure that every occurrence is a sign that the end is coming SOON. jesus himself gave urgency to the timing of the event. it's been 2000 years, folks. it ain't gonna happen.
Frok
AG
Yep, climate change is going to end the world in 12 years
Aggrad08
AG
You can go back and read the urgency and immediacy people preached of Jesus return all the way to the beginning. It's a major theme of the NT and people fantasize about their time being the end.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.