Jewish leaders petitioning for anti-Semitic trigger warning for Bible and Koran

1,032 Views | 7 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by OnlyForNow
FightinTexasAggie08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Among the policies mentioned in the document was the idea of warning messages in holy texts, a topic discussed in a chapter entitled 'recommendations regarding Religious Groups and Institutions'.

The document reads: 'Translations of the New Testament, the Qur'an and other Christian or Muslim literatures need marginal glosses, and introductions that emphasize continuity with Jewish heritage of both Christianity and Islam and warn readers about antisemitic passages in them.

'While some efforts have been made in this direction in the case of Christianity, these efforts need to be extended and made consistent in both religions.'

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6421233/amp/Jewish-leaders-call-religious-texts-carry-warnings-highlighting-anti-Semitic-passages.html

No comment on whether Jesus being boiled in excrement will receive same treatment in Talmud
Neon R
One religion dictating to 2 other religions what can be printed in their holy texts? Seems legit
ramblin_ag02
AG
I'm always amused to hear how anti-Semetic the New Testament is considering how the all the protangonists were Jews and nearly all of it was written by Jews.

If you want to say that the Jews killed Jesus based on the NT then your understanding of that story is so hopelessly simplistic that it wouldn't matter what the Scriptures say
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
UTExan
Modern Jews in America seem very prone to be offended unlike their counterparts in Israel. If they are offended by the idea of Jesus being the Messiah there is something else going on.
traxter
UTExan said:

Modern Jews in America seem very prone to be offended unlike their counterparts in Israel. If they are offended by the idea of Jesus being the Messiah there is something else going on.
If by Jews in America you are referring to the essentailly secular, very liberal, Jews in name/ethnicity only, then sure. However I think that's partially due to a function of being a minority and having groups like the ADL telling them they need to be offended. In Israel, they're the majority, it doesn't matter if they get offended, as is typically the case, the majority just moves on with life and is usually unaffected by trivial things like this.

But interestingly, anytime someone criticizes Israel, Israelis are more likely to cry anti-semitisim than American Jews (who are likely more secular).
Orko
AG
"Those who say they are Jews, but are not..."
Remember, patriot, what they took from you. Your nation's identity, its religion, and its people are no more. Remember how we got here.
OnlyForNow
AG
How do you see the NT as anti-semetic?
ramblin_ag02
AG
I don't. The article in the OP talks about the NT being anti-Semitic and needing warnings in the margins
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
OnlyForNow
AG
AH! Sorry, I didn't read your post clearly.

I completely agree with you, seems silly to interrupt that feeling to me.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.