B - Weekend recommendations

1,251 Views | 28 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by AGC
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Any recommendations for where to find good beer in College Station? The Specs has a pretty terrible selection of their quality beers.
americathegreat1492
What's wrong with shiner?
PacifistAg
AG
americathegreat1492 said:

What's wrong with shiner?
I like actual good beer.
Frok
AG
I just go to HEB. However I don't try to find some rare small brew that nobody has ever heard of.
gordo97
AG
Tower point HEB has a pretty good selection.... what are you looking for?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Dude if Specs isn't good enough you probably just need to visit a local brewery. I'm as much a beer snob as anyone, but it would still take me a decade to go through what my Specs has on the shelf right now
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Dude if Specs isn't good enough you probably just need to visit a local brewery. I'm as much a beer snob as anyone, but it would still take me a decade to go through what my Specs has on the shelf right now
Oh, the Specs in Houston was fine. It's the one here in College Station that I find to be lacking. It just doesn't seem to have the selection.
AGC
AG
Why are R&Ps thoughts on Eskimo Hut's selection?
ramblin_ag02
AG
Oh, I sort of figured they were pretty much the Walmart of liquor stores everywhere
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
PacifistAg
AG
AGC said:

Never been there. Never heard of it. Do tell.
PacifistAg
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

Oh, I sort of figured they were pretty much the Walmart of liquor stores everywhere
My assumption is that they're catering to college students who have horrible taste in beer. Of course, I could just be overlooking the good stuff. Will check again today. In the end, as long as they have some good stouts or trappist beers, I'll manage. I know they have some, just doesn't seem to be as much as elsewhere.
AGC
AG
PacifistAg said:

AGC said:

Never been there. Never heard of it. Do tell.

It's a drive through liquor place (daiquiri I think) on the east end of the development with the tap, near where coffee station and mugwalls were years ago. Inside they have craft beer on tap, a few couches / tables, and some TVs. I remember some coolers but I can't remember if they just sell cheap crap out of the coolers or not. It's not a massive beer collection to choose from, but I just can't remember what they carry.

We have a diamond shamrock here that has an awesome craft beer selection but you have to know about it to find it. Didn't remember if Eskimo Hut was comparable or not.
PacifistAg
AG
Interesting. I'll have to check it out.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
You can get lone star almost anywhere.... easy choice.
This message has been approved by Brad, Jerry and Mitch..
747Ag
AG
SoulSlaveAG2005 said:

You can get lone star almost anywhere.... easy choice.
kurt vonnegut
AG
PacifistAg said:

Any recommendations for where to find good beer in College Station? The Specs has a pretty terrible selection of their quality beers.

My recommendation is to forego the beer.

PacifistAg
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

PacifistAg said:

Oh, me and liquor is not a good combo. My wife would nonviolently beat the tar out of me if I showed up with that.
AGC
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

PacifistAg said:

Was just given a bottle of this with more promised if I like it. Are you saying it's good?
kurt vonnegut
AG
I like it. I think it's an excellent $35-$40 / bottle range bourbon. You could drink it neat, but I prefer a splash of ginger beer.
swimmerbabe11
Black water Draw
Frok
AG
I'm surprised there are so few calvinist in here with the beer snob schtick. That's like Reformed 1.0.

PacifistAg
AG
Frok said:

I'm surprised there are so few calvinist in here with the beer snob schtick. That's like Reformed 1.0.

Meh, they were just predestined to like garbage beer. It's not their fault.
747Ag
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

PacifistAg said:

.My recommendation is to forego the beer.

I have been intending to try this.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
When I'm not at home drinking lone Star... I have been really enjoying the selection from bare arms here in the waco area. Mainly because my rotary club meets at a local pub and we get any bare arms pint for $3.50.

https://www.barearmsbrewing.com/our-brews

The blue cat ale and the lux are both solid brews, and turbulence is a great IPA.

PacifistAg
AG
Have you tried the Java Joule?
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Not yet. They haven't had it on the tap. I'll report back when I do tho.
AGC
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Black water Draw

Gone.
AGC
AG
kurt vonnegut said:

I like it. I think it's an excellent $35-$40 / bottle range bourbon. You could drink it neat, but I prefer a splash of ginger beer.

The person I got it from also gave me a bottle of Pappy because they didn't like the pappy. Hence I have to ask.
swimmerbabe11
Is the location in Bryan not open yet?
AGC
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Is the location in Bryan not open yet?

Oh, no idea!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.