Full of s***

1,135 Views | 2 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Pro Sandy
Van Til
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Judges 3:21-22
And Ehud reached with his left hand, took the sword from his right thigh, and thrust it into his belly. 22 And the hilt also went in after the blade, and the fat closed over the blade, for he did not pull the sword out of his belly; and the dung came out

Is this where the phrase "full of s***" came from?
opk

Translation from Mechon-Mamre:

22 And the haft also went in after the blade; and the fat closed upon the blade, for he drew not the sword out of his belly; and it came out behind.

"IT", i.e. the sword.

ramblin_ag02
AG
While we're at it, sword is probably a bad translation unless the guy was 11 ft tall. I always pictured it as a dagger without a crossbar
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Pro Sandy
AG
ramblin_ag02 said:

While we're at it, sword is probably a bad translation unless the guy was 11 ft tall. I always pictured it as a dagger without a crossbar
A couple of verses before it says he made a double edges sword 1 cubit long, so ~18 inches.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.