Saturday Night Music

893 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by Rongagin71
Seriously77
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Seriously77
Seriously77
Seriously77
Seriously77
kurt vonnegut
AG
MY saturday night was different than yours.
Post removed:
by user
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Keep your miserable life to yourself OP.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
dermdoc
AG
Blue stars for Tampa and the op. I have gone the partying route and determined that whether you are a believer or not, it is not near as much "fun" as other things.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
dermdoc said:

Blue stars for Tampa and the op. I have gone the partying route and determined that whether you are a believer or not, it is not near as much "fun" as other things.

I can think of about a million things better than sitting around the house listening to the worst music in history on purpose. Partying would be on that list, but so would snorting ants.
kurt vonnegut
AG
dermdoc said:

For the record, I wasn't trying to poopoo on anyone's music. The lyrics and the content of those songs are obviously worshipful - it seems like they would be inappropriate in setting that wasn't designed for worship. I guess I should turn that into a question for those that listen to Christian music - are there settings where this music is 'out of place'?

Saturday night I was in my backyard with friends and family eating bbq and drinking beer while the kids swam. Hardly the 'partying' route. . . yet, (aside from the fact that I'm not a Christian) it would seem out of place in that setting to be laughing and joking with friends while Lauren Daigle sings about Jesus dying on the cross for my sins. No?

This, however, does seem appropriate for that setting:

Rongagin71
AG
Crusader night music...from ~700 yrs ago:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.