Thoughts on the Lion, Witch and Wardrobe

1,004 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dds08
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
It's awfully ironic how Peter, Susan, Edmund, and Lucy fled to the professor's mansion, due to the air raids on Britain by Germany during WWII, only to be immersed in a war between the white witch and The Narinas; of which, they play a personal role.

The deplorable word : The Magician's Nephew as the atom bomb: our world

All the Narnians the white witch turned to stone is as horrific as the Holocaust in our world.

Something tells me, no matter where you go, conflict can be found in the far reaches of this entire world, galaxy, universe.
Dad-O-Lot
AG
You do realize that C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia" was intended to be an allegory of Christianity, right?

So sure, there will be a lot of parallels.
People of integrity expect to be believed, when they're not, they let time prove them right.
PacifistAg
AG

Quote:

Something tells me, no matter where you go, conflict can be found in the far reaches of this entire world, galaxy, universe.
Yes, hence the importance for Christians to be peacemakers and love our enemies instead of being combatants.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Solo Tetherball Champ
RetiredAg said:

Quote:

Yes, hence the importance for Christians to be peacemakers and love our enemies instead of being combatants.
Define love for me in your own terms as a pragmatic vocation.
Star Wars Memes Only
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

If I had to do it, it would involve a purple suit with a matching top hat and maybe some gold chains.
PacifistAg
AG
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

RetiredAg said:

Quote:

I look to Christ for the definition. The willingness to lay one's life down in order to save their enemies, even those seeking to harm them. I love them when I place their welfare above my own. I love them when I do not respond to evil with evil.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
dds08
AG
Quote:

The deplorable word : The Magician's Nephew Charn as the atom bomb : our world
Fixed it.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.