Yeshua Changed Everything?

5,584 Views | 109 Replies | Last: 5 yr ago by dds08
agie95
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
For those who think that Yeshua changed everything, meaning the Torah, even the Jewish customs, Yeshua didn't change any of that for those who were saying just that, we lying...

Acts 6:11-15 - Then they secretly instigated men into saying, "We have heard him speaking blasphemous words against Moses and against God!" 12 They also incited the people, the elders, and the Torah scholars; and they rushed at Stephen, seized him, and led him away to the Sanhedrin. 13 They set up false witnesses who said, "This man never stops speaking words against this holy place and the Torah. 14 For we have heard him saying that this Yeshua ha-Natzrati will destroy this place and change the customs that Moses handed down to us." 15 Watching him intently, everyone who was sitting in the Sanhedrin saw that his face was like the face of an angel.

Those who say Yeshua did away with the Torah in any way or the Jewish customs is a false witness. Yeshua didn't change anything as far as the Torah and the customs.

PacifistAg
AG
Phew! I was worried this was going to be rehashing a debate that's already occurred a thousand times around here.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
dermdoc
AG
Who is "they"? I assume Torah following Jews who did not accept Christ. So He did change everything for believers like Stephen.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
Can't you find some other group of internet heathens to pester?
agie95
AG
If you read Acts 6 you can see who they is. It is not a secret.

The point of the matter is they had to lie about Yeshua saying He was going to change the Torah and the Jewish customs. He didn't say any of that.

Stop being a false witness.
dermdoc
AG
I am not bearing false witness. What was the difference between them and Stephen?
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Marco Esquandolas
AG
One wouldn't have to stretch to hard to make an argument that agie95 is a troll.
agie95
AG
dermdoc said:

I am not bearing false witness. What was the difference between them and Stephen?
That is not the point of post. The post is about anyone who says that Yeshua changed anything of the Torah or the Jewish customs is lying. For He did not do so. They are a false witness. Therefore, anyone who continues to claim that Yeshua changed the Torah or the customs is a false witness.

If this is you, then the shoe fits.
PacifistAg
AG
agie has absolutely zero interest, whatsoever, in a mutually respectful discussion. He is only here to preach down to, berate and accuse anyone who disagrees with him or that eats shrimp of hating God. Even if he were right in his interpretation of the Scriptures, which I don't believe he is, he comes across as nothing but a noisy gong as there's no love in his approach to others.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
dermdoc
AG
Actually it is the main point of post. Torah following Jews like these folks, Nicodemus, the Sanhedrin, etc. obviously were different than Stephen. Why was following the Torah not sufficient?
dermdoc
AG
agie95 said:

dermdoc said:

That is not the point of post. The post is about anyone who says that Yeshua changed anything of the Torah or the Jewish customs is lying. For He did not do so. They are a false witness. Therefore, anyone who continues to claim that Yeshua changed the Torah or the customs is a false witness.

If this is you, then the shoe fits.
And this is an interesting post from someone who says that everyone disses him. Have a great day!
agie95
AG
I have never said following Torah is sufficient. I am making the assumption, huge as it may be, that you already have trust in God. If that is wrong, I beg your pardon.

It is funny, you don't want to address the elephant in the room. Christianity teaches that the Torah and Judaism for that matter is not the way to walk. Yet, Yeshua never said that. Therefore, the Messiah that you claim, never said these things. He actually lived them out, which is something Christians are unwilling to do.

Stop being a false witness.
dermdoc
AG
I seriously did not mean to make you angry. Please forgive me and I will not post on your threads anymore. God bless you!
agie95
AG
Who's angry?
Doc Daneeka
The law is still true. Murder is still murder even though Jesus died for our sins. John 14:15 says "If ye love me, keep my commandments." The law did not change. It lost its ability to convict because of Jesus' sacrifice. We should still follow the commandments.
dds08
AG
Just a week or so ago, I read somewhere that Yeshua is a similar name to Joshua.
Win At Life
AG
dds08 said:

Just a week or so ago, I read somewhere that Yeshua is a similar name to Joshua.
They are similar and have similar Hebrew letters, but not exactly the same.
What is translated in English as Joshua is more accurately pronounced Yah'HO'shuwa.
And means YAH (YHWH) is salvation (Strong's H3091).

Strong's H3091

Yeshua simply means salvation (Strong's H3444)

Strong's H3444

They both contain the Hebrew root word (Strong's H3467) meaning "to save"

Strong's H3467

Shalom
agie95
AG
If the Bible translated all names properly Yeshua's name would be Joshua in English. Yehoshua is actually called Yeshua in Nehemiah.
agie95
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

The law is still true. Murder is still murder even though Jesus died for our sins. John 14:15 says "If ye love me, keep my commandments." The law did not change. It lost its ability to convict because of Jesus' sacrifice. We should still follow the commandments.

I mostly agree, except those who don't trust in God will be convicted. So the Torah did not lose its ability to convict, some have the Messiah standing in their place to take the conviction.
JYDog90
AG
Listen to this sermon that I heard last week in Louisville. You were in the back of my mind the entire time. May it produce fruit.

http://t4g.org/media/2018/04/the-whole-in-our-holiness/
agie95
AG
Sorry, I don't listen to Christian messages anymore. Typically rife with errors.
TJJackson
agie95 said:

Sorry, I don't listen to Christian messages anymore. Typically rife with errors.

Then why should anyone listen to you?

If you won't even have the respect of someone else and their point of view, no one else should repay the same respect to you.
My religious belief teaches me to feel as safe in battle as in bed. God has fixed the time for my death. I do not concern myself about that, but to be always ready, no matter when it may overtake me. That is the way all men should live, and then all would be equally brave.

-Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson
JYDog90
AG
agie95 said:

If the Lord brought you, some anonymous arrogant poster on Texags whom I would not be inclined on my own to have an ounce of compassion for, to mind when I heard this sermon preached; and, if the Lord caused me to think, "Wow. I'd like for Agie95 to hear this sermon as I know that he often is wrestling with these very things," and your response is what you said above, that is the very definition of a hardened heart and I would ask that you repent.

Don't worry, I won't inconvenience you any more.
agie95
AG

I am not wrestling with these things. I am not sure what gave you the impression that I am wrestling with my beliefs or faith.

The very definition of a hardened heart is one who continues to sin.

Indeed, they made their hearts as hard as flint preventing them from hearing the Torah or the words that Adonai-Tzva'ot sent by His Ruach through the former prophets. Zechariah 7:12

Or you can read Paul in Romans 1:18-23.

I choose not to listen to erroneous teachings. Clicking on the link, I see Matt Chandler from the Village is one of the speakers. Therefore, I know without a doubt the teachings are filled with errors.

If that is arrogant, so be it. It is no different then watching an R rated movie that you know you should not watch. It fills your mind with untruth.

agie95
AG
leakypipes said:

agie95 said:

If you won't even have the respect of someone else and their point of view, no one else should repay the same respect to you.
I read what people write here, I just don't want to listen to some Christian pastor.
PacifistAg
AG
agie95 said:

leakypipes said:

agie95 said:

I read what people write here, I just don't want to listen to some Christian pastor.
There's a difference between "reading" and "listening". Sure, you may read the words typed, but you aren't listening to what is being said. You read in order to respond. You aren't reading to understand. Your arrogance gets in your way and actually drives people further from what you claim to want them to accept.
--St Isaac the Syrian
JYDog90
AG
While we are faithless God remains faithful.

He brought you to mind again this morning as I listened to this beautiful sermon on Exodus 19-40.

http://www.capitolhillbaptist.org/sermon/approaching-the-new/
DirtDiver

He sent the 'Helper' the Holy Spirit as a permanent indwelling for those who have faith in Him.
He died as a sacrifice to sins once for all. No other sacrifice for sin is needed.
He explained God to a depth that humanity had not experienced in the past.
He was the first human to live a full life on the planet without sin.
He took the behavioral issues (murder and adultry) to the heart of the problem, hate and lust.
He defeated death.
He defanged Satan through removing the fear of death.
The Holy Standard of God and the righteous requirement of the law that we could never meet, Jesus met on our behalf and applies his righteousness to our account the moment we believe in Him.
He absorbed the wrath of God for us.

For me, yes, Yeshua changed everything.
agie95
AG
DirtDiver said:

He sent the 'Helper' the Holy Spirit as a permanent indwelling for those who have faith in Him.
He died as a sacrifice to sins once for all. No other sacrifice for sin is needed.
He took the behavioral issues (murder and adultry) to the heart of the problem, hate and lust.
He defeated death.
The Holy Standard of God and the righteous requirement of the law that we could never meet, Jesus met on our behalf and applies his righteousness to our account the moment we believe in Him.

Most of those things are only applicable if you REPENT. You can't repent and continue willingly sinning.

Could never be met?

L:uke 1:5-6 - In the days of Herod, King of Judah, there was a kohen named Zechariah from the priestly division of Abijah. Elizabeth, his wife, was from the daughters of Aaron. 6 Together they were righteous before Adonai, walking without fault in all His commandments and instructions.
AgLiving06
agie95 said:

DirtDiver said:

He defeated death.

Most of those things are only applicable if you REPENT. You can't repent and continue willingly sinning.

Could never be met?

L:uke 1:5-6 - In the days of Herod, King of Judah, there was a kohen named Zechariah from the priestly division of Abijah. Elizabeth, his wife, was from the daughters of Aaron. 6 Together they were righteous before Adonai, walking without fault in all His commandments and instructions.

So you unwillingly sin everyday?

And Luke contradicts Paul in your theology.

Romans 3:23 - For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.
JYDog90
AG
If anyone says he is without sin is a liar and the truth is not in him. 1 Jn 1:8
Vcat
He said "willingly sinning". That is different.

Hebrews 10 : 26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Why are we teaching people to be ok with their sin?? Yes you can be forgiven, but do not count Messiah's blood as common and insult the spirit of grace by wallowing in your sin and teaching others to do the same!

Also, while we are quoting 1 John flip over to 2:4.
4If anyone says, "I know Him," but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him

AgLiving06
Vcat said:

He said "willingly sinning". That is different.

Hebrews 10 : 26-29
26 For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, 27 but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. 28 Anyone who has rejected Moses' law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. 29 Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?

Why are we teaching people to be ok with their sin?? Yes you can be forgiven, but do not count Messiah's blood as common and insult the spirit of grace by wallowing in your sin and teaching others to do the same!

Also, while we are quoting 1 John flip over to 2:4.
4If anyone says, "I know Him," but does not keep His commandments, he is a liar, and the truth is not in him

When have you unwillingly sinned?
agie95
AG
Willingly sinning is knowing God's commandments and disregarding them. For instance, you know that eating pork is a sin. When you decide to eat it anyway, that is willingly sinning. You don't care that you are going against what God said to eat. It is a form of idolatry.
AgLiving06
agie95 said:

Willingly sinning is knowing God's commandments and disregarding them. For instance, you know that eating pork is a sin. When you decide to eat it anyway, that is willingly sinning. You don't care that you are going against what God said to eat. It is a form of idolatry.

But that's not what I asked.

When do you unwillingly sin?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.