Amazing underwater discovery

1,736 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Aggiefan#1
oldarmy1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Quote:

Off the coast of Egypt divers have discovered something that was thought to be lost a long time ago. It was said that the ancient city of Heracleion was lost under the sea for good. Well 1200 years later, off the bay of Aboukir, this ancient city has finally been discovered. The city dates back to the 6th century B.C. and holds some of the most beautiful artifacts you could imagine. Things like grand statues of gods and goddesses standing well over 15 feet tall and carved out of red granite, treasures of gold and rare stones, elaborate temples and enormous tablets. This find is enormous in the historical preservation community and has been commissioned by museums around the world. Take a look at this incredible city found underwater.

Solo Tetherball Champ
oldarmy1 said:

I hope there was a contest over who got to rub it first. For purely archaeological reasons, of course.
SoulSlaveAG2005
AG
Obligatory

Star Wars Memes Only
That is really cool. What is the significance of these findings? Or is it too early to say?
swimmerbabe11
That's incredible! What dargskizzy asked! Keep us updated
mesocosm
AG
Idolatry!
An Ag in CO
AG
Wow, this is a story that dates back to 2000 when the city was discovered by the French archeologist Franck Goddio. The story was recently repurposed (Oct 2017) to serve as clock-bait in an attempt to generate sales of a weight-loss supplement.

http://www.franckgoddio.org/projects/sunken-civilizations/heracleion.html

Solo Tetherball Champ
An Ag in CO said:

Wow, this is a story that dates back to 2000 when the city was discovered by the French archeologist Franck Goddio. The story was recently repurposed (Oct 2017) to serve as clock-bait in an attempt to generate sales of a weight-loss supplement.

I work in online marketing but I fail to see the relevance between weight loss and egyptology
Ulrich
Solo Tetherball Champ said:

An Ag in CO said:

I work in online marketing but I fail to see the relevance between weight loss and egyptology

Have you ever seen a fat mummy?
BrazosDog02
AG
Fat mummy, no....PHAT mummy...fo sho'.
PacifistAg
AG
Ulrich said:

Have you ever seen a fat mummy?

“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Aggiefan#1
AG
I saw Treasure of the Shipwreck Impossible.

Not fooling me again
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.