Agie95- Who is Jesus- Yeshua?

1,889 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by PacifistAg
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
So.......

on a lighter note, I felt the need to share the following passage I just stumbled upon:

1 Corinthians 10:1-5 New International Version (NIV)

Warnings From Israel's History

10 For I do not want you to be ignorant of the fact, brothers and sisters, that our ancestors were all under the cloud and that they all passed through the sea.
2 They were all baptized into Moses in the cloud and in the sea.
3 They all ate the same spiritual food
4 and drank the same spiritual drink; for they drank from the spiritual rock that accompanied them, and that rock was Christ.
5 Nevertheless, God was not pleased with most of them; their bodies were scattered in the wilderness.

The author Paul mentions baptism, Christ, and the Israeli's journey in the wilderness, all in an old/new testament sense/light.

I don't quite understand the metaphor of Christ being a spiritual rock that the Israelites drank from. Does anyone have any idea of this figure of speech?
agie95
AG
The rock was a manifestation of God. Just like in the Millennial Kindgom the Torah (water is used many times in reference to Torah) will flow from the throne in Jerusalem.

"Baptism" was not a new concept in the 1st century.
agie95
AG
Ignorance as to what that verse means that was quoted.
agie95
AG
People who claim to know Him, but don't do what He says (the commandments), deny Him even more.
PacifistAg
AG
agie95 said:

People who claim to know Him, but don't do what He says (the commandments), deny Him even more.

Since you believe we're still required to be physically circumcised, are you saying that Paul and Titus denied Christ? Or what if I create a loophole that allows me to fulfill the spirit of the rule, but not the letter?
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.