Urgent Prayers Please

2,422 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dermdoc
PacifistAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I have an Army buddy who struggles with depression. He posted a cryptic message on Facebook that just said "I'm sorry". He's not responding to calls, texts or messages. Please pray he's safe. I'm terrified right now for him.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
PacifistAg
AG
Still unresponsive. Nobody has heard from him in over half an hour. He apparently gave his son some stuff, left in tears, and said he had something to take care of.
“Conquer men by your gentle kindness, and make zealous men wonder at your goodness. Put the lover of justice to shame by your compassion."
--St Isaac the Syrian
dermdoc
AG
Prayers sent.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Rocag
AG
Do you know anyone who lives nearby that could check on him? Maybe have the police check on him if nothing else?
PacifistAg
AG
There are people near him, including his ex-wife, who have tried checking on him. Nobody can find him. They called his counselor, who then called the police. Still have not heard anything. I called the only two pawn shops in town in case he tries to go buy a gun there.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Dad-O-Lot
AG
praying
PacifistAg
AG
Received devastating news. He was found. Died from self-inflicted gunshot wound. I'm devastated beyond belief right now. I'll be heading up to Wylie tomorrow, as his ex-wife needs all the help possible. Please continue the prayers, especially for tomorrow as she'll be telling their oldest son, who is about 7 and idolizes his father. They have another son, about a month old.
--St Isaac the Syrian
747Ag
AG
So sorry.
AgLiving06
So sorry. Praying for your friend. Hopefully he's finally found peace and healing.
Jim Hogg is angry
AG
My heart aches reading this news.
jkag89
Franz Joseph
I am sorry about your friend. I will pray for you , and that God will see you all through this.
dermdoc
AG
So sorry to hear this my friend. Will continue to pray for all.

And edited to add my email if you want to vent, talk, or pray. wecollins77@gmail.com.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
schmendeler
AG
Terrible
Sapper Redux
RetiredAg said:

Received devastating news. He was found. Died from self-inflicted gunshot wound. I'm devastated beyond belief right now. I'll be heading up to Wylie tomorrow, as his ex-wife needs all the help possible. Please continue the prayers, especially for tomorrow as she'll be telling their oldest son, who is about 7 and idolizes his father. They have another son, about a month old.

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know the feeling. Let me know if there's anything that can be done to help.
Frok
AG
Sorry for your loss. That's heartbreaking. I'll pray for his family and friends left behind.
swimmerbabe11
I'm so so sorry RA. Prayers of peace and comfort to his family..and for you, that you may be a source of comfort and help in this time.
AggieRain
Solo Tetherball Champ
that really sucks. I'm so sorry for your loss and the effect this will have on his children.
powerbelly
AG
Sorry to hear about this Retired.

Prayers for you and his family.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Really sorry RA. My heart breaks for those kids.
Aggrad08
Martin Q. Blank
Very sorry. I'm praying for you and his family.
PacifistAg
AG
Thank you all. It's been a rough day, but was able to keep the oldest son engaged and playing.
--St Isaac the Syrian
gordo97
AG
Praying
dermdoc
AG
Still praying
PacifistAg
AG
Thank you all for the prayers, especially those for my friend's wife and children. This one has hurt tremendously and has been some of the hardest days of my life. Yet that is just a fraction of the pain Will's family is going through right now. I wanted to share this, because they need all the help they can get. Thoughts and prayers are great, but those prayers are answered as God works through those willing to serve those in need. James 1:27 has been on my heart as we've been mourning this tragedy. Meeting his wife and 2 sons in their distress is "pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father". So, please consider helping this beautiful family out.

https://www.youcaring.com/willrobertson-1116288?fb_action_ids=10156173162686565&fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=

One edit from above: I referred to his wife as an ex-wife. While there was a separation, he had recently moved back in and they were still married.
--St Isaac the Syrian
PacifistAg
AG
--St Isaac the Syrian
Solo Tetherball Champ
RetiredAg said:

Thank you all for the prayers, especially those for my friend's wife and children. This one has hurt tremendously and has been some of the hardest days of my life. Yet that is just a fraction of the pain Will's family is going through right now. I wanted to share this, because they need all the help they can get. Thoughts and prayers are great, but those prayers are answered as God works through those willing to serve those in need. James 1:27 has been on my heart as we've been mourning this tragedy. Meeting his wife and 2 sons in their distress is "pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father". So, please consider helping this beautiful family out.

https://www.youcaring.com/willrobertson-1116288?fb_action_ids=10156173162686565&fb_action_types=youcaringcom%3Ashare&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=

One edit from above: I referred to his wife as an ex-wife. While there was a separation, he had recently moved back in and they were still married.
I was wondering about that.

Doc Daneeka
T&P
dermdoc
AG
Prayers continue
PacifistAg
AG
Thanks, brother. When I was hanging out w/ some of his other Army buddies that he deployed with, I learned that Will's suicide was the 3rd from that unit in the past 4 months. One of the Lenten devotionals I'm going through right now had a poem that was shared the day after Will lost his battle. I wanted to share it because it is spot-on with how I'm feeling right now:

Quote:

Hang On by Tony Vick and Cindy Ford, May to November, 2015

The pain knocks from the inside, for me to feel, others to ignore
It cries for attention, relief, solace, others not to hear
A heart smothered in unnatural darkness, facing a meaningless existence
A soul grasping for meaning, gasping for hope.

The air is stale, tarnished with blood and sweat from life's moments
The sounds, anguished and grating, mangled with repression and rage
Life has lost its sweet flavor, replaced with the bitter taste from words of disapproval and disappointment.

Yet, Love's faint remnants refuse to die, bringing life-giving salt to my sea of despair
Glimpses of tender memories tunnel through my brokenness to provide a mosaic of light to my soul
A light of sustenance, creating a shelter within when hell explodes before my very eyes
The light also brings awareness to the cracks in my foundation, forcing me to face the reality of things hidden in the shadows
My rose-colored foundation now fractured by realities of corruption, violence, cruelty, injustice, and just plain meanness against God's beloved.

An occasional ray of hope peers through the brokenness allowing my heart to pump blood for one more beat one...more beat...
Saying, "hang on...hang on...
hang on to sanity...
hang on to life...
one more moment...
just one more moment...
breathe -- for now is not your forever."

--St Isaac the Syrian
dermdoc
AG
I teared up. Remember the Lord is good and loving. I am praying that Christ welcomes him with open arms and peace for his family and friends.
mesocosm
AG
That's rough. Very sorry to hear. Peace and comfort to all affected
PacifistAg
AG
I just wanted to share something my wife sent me this morning. She knows how much I've been struggling with this, especially today since I realized that it was exactly one week ago that Will woke up for the last time on this earth.

The part that really stuck out was the poem. It was beautiful and has become my prayer in this darkness:

Quote:

Lord, would you speak "let there be light" in me.

It's the prayer of everyone who's been hurt by disappointment
When life hits and gave us way more than expected
It's the cry of the overwhelmed heart; the scream of a tired soul
The aching of desperation; fallen deeper into a bottomless hole
But you understand my darkness, you get the struggle of my inside
So I lift up my eyes asking you to hear my cry
You hover over my chaos ready to create with just one word
Speak Holy Spirit; I need hope in my hurt

Lord would you speak...

It's the prayer of everyone who feels forgotten
When the devil has convinced them that they're no longer wanted
When he's blinded their eyes from seeing the hope of light
When their strength is drained and unable to get in the fight
I've had victory on the mountain, but the valley is nothing but distress.
Lord it's you I need. I need some hope in my darkness
I call out to the only One who can reach into an unreachable place
I know I can find peace if I could just find your face

Lord I need you to speak...

To every person who thought that nobody cares
To every tired soul, bearing weights too heavy to bear
To those longing to knock but cannot find the door
To those who seek a way out and cannot take any more
Lift up your face, look beyond the valley
The sun may have set behind you but it's not your finale
There's a God who creates out of the depths of your chaos
Lift up your head, the Son rises to call us

"Let there be light..."
Lord, please, speak light into this darkness.
--St Isaac the Syrian
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.