Lawrence Krauss Accused of Sexual Misconduct

1,819 Views | 12 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Star Wars Memes Only
Star Wars Memes Only
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.buzzfeed.com/peteraldhous/lawrence-krauss-sexual-harassment-allegations?utm_term=.xl4waROwQ#.tlQ6KwP61

Seems like this is a somewhat prevalent problem in the skeptic community. Michael Shermer was another prominent example. Mike Aus, an ex-pastor has also been accused.
Post removed:
by user
Star Wars Memes Only
Quote:

They made a plan to eat in the restaurant at the Washington, DC, hotel where Krauss was staying, Hensley recalled. But first he asked her to come up to his room while he wrapped up some work. He seemed in no rush to leave, she said, ordering a cheese plate and later champagne, despite her suggestion that they go down to dinner.

Then, Hensley said, Krauss made a comment about her eye makeup, and got very close to her face. Suddenly, he lifted her by the arms and pushed her onto the bed beneath him, forcibly kissing her and trying to pull down the crotch of her tights. Hensley said she struggled to push him off. When he pulled out a condom, Hensley said, she got out from under him, said "I have to go," and rushed out of the room.

I don't know, that sounds like more than a bunch of nothing to me.
Star Wars Memes Only
I don't know man, it seems like more than that to me if you take the account at face value. He pushed her onto the bed and tried to pull down the crotch of her tights. According to the article, similar accusations span the course of a decade, following a pattern we've seen all too often lately. He was barred from his old campus it sounds like due to inappropriate behavior with a female student as well. Perimeter Institute has decided to decline inviting him to future events due to a sexual harassment allegation according to a spokesperson for them (though Krauss denies this). Seem to be several other allegations of inappropriate behavior too. A lot of the article just seems to be against the skeptic movement, but I think if the allegations against Krauss are true some of those are pretty bad.
Martin Q. Blank
Who is Lawrence Krauss?
amercer
AG
Physicist/Athiest who's on all the Sci channel space shows.
Woody2006
AG
He's always been smarmy and annoying.
kurt vonnegut
AG
Woody2006 said:

He's always been smarmy and annoying.
And arrogant. . . . I agree with much of what he says, but I still kinda want to punch him in the face.
swimmerbabe11
Quote:

trying to pull down the crotch of her tights.

Guys... pro tip... This is a very ineffective way to remove tights.
Who does this?
Woody2006
AG
swimmerbabe11 said:

Quote:

trying to pull down the crotch of her tights.

Guys... pro tip... This is a very ineffective way to remove tights.
Who does this?
A nerd like Lawrence Krauss.

That guy's probably never pleased a woman in his life.
Star Wars Memes Only
Update: A tweet from ASU stating that they have received no such complaints about Lawrence Krauss.

Star Wars Memes Only
Update: Lawrence Krause has been put on paid administrative leave from Arizona State University. He has also responded to the allegations:
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.