RC Sproul has passed away

1,560 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by supermanrv
Pro Sandy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Frok
AG
Used to listen to "Renewing Your Mind" a lot a few years ago. Great man.
chuckd
AG
Sad. His Reformation Study Bible helped me tremendously.
PacifistAg
Pro Sandy
AG
Really, he would want us not to be sad, but to rejoice, for today he is going home and seeing our Brother Jesus.
PacifistAg
AG
Pro Sandy said:

Really, he would want us not to be sad, but to rejoice, for today he is going home and seeing our Brother Jesus.
True.
Win At Life
AG
I always liked his demand for logical exegesis.
PacifistAg
AG
swimmerbabe11

I follow lots of reformed folks on twitter. Sad news.
Cyprian
AG
Sad to hear. I was raised up with parents who agree with a lot of what Sproul had to say. I've heard him speak a handful of times, and have read about 5 of his books between high school and early college. Sharp head on his shoulders for sure, and presents a lot of material in a way to make it more accessible for the laymen. I disagree with several of his theological views for a while now, but nothing major, besides I doubt any of us are perfect anyways...
SEC Champs
AG
We have yet to see the extent of his influence on Protestant theology and our understanding of the Bible.

His series on predestination 15 years ago came at a time when theology was fairly new to me; they were some of the most formative lessons of my life.
chip5897
S
He was spiritual giant that will be greatly missed! But thanks be the God that the Spirit of Christ lives and is still at work!
Chip
wbt5845
AG
Never heard of him.
swimmerbabe11
wbt5845 said:

Never heard of him.

Did you post that because you'd like to learn more about him or are you doing the gb thing where you are belittling the deceased by downplaying their significance?
Doc Daneeka
RC Sproul was a giant in the reformed tradition. Great theologian and I learned a lot from him. Sad he's gone.
dermdoc
AG
Doc Daneeka said:

RC Sproul was a giant in the reformed tradition. Great theologian and I learned a lot from him. Sad he's gone.
Really enjoyed reading him and his arguments on Calvinism were very persuasive. The word "elect" sure seems to have a pretty prominent place in my readings. Still contemplating.

And enjoy the fruits of your labor R.C., you did great work for the Lord. Peace and mercy for your family and loved ones.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
supermanrv
AG

Eternal rest grant unto them, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon them. May their souls and all the souls of the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace.

Amen.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.