Some last words of the dying...

1,636 Views | 11 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 747Ag
Thaddeus73
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
A Glimpse of Heavenly Bliss

Another Italian Renaissance painter, the noted Raphael, perhaps caught a glimpse of heaven as he said goodbye to this earth. Cardinal Bibbiena, a close friend of Raphael's who had subsidized the artist's work, reported to his niece that as Raphael neared the moment of death, he awoke, looked around, and asked, "Whence comes the sunshine?" And then, ignoring the friends gathered at his bedside, the artist said simply, "Happy...." With that, he died.

Another happy exit was seemingly enjoyed by inventor Thomas Edison. His last words, spoken to his wife as he emerged from a coma, were "It is very beautiful out there." Some believe he was speaking about the view outside his window; others acknowledge that he may have caught a glimpse of what lies beyond.
And in the modern age, Apple founder Steve Jobs, whose death of cancer at the age of 56 rocked Silicon Valley and the business world, seemed on his deathbed to gaze on a world of unimaginable bliss. Mona Simpson, novelist and college professor, was Jobs' sister. At his funeral, Simpson delivered a eulogy in which she described the scene at her brother's deathbed. According to the Telegraph,
She said Jobs looked at her, then his children, then his wife and then beyond them all, saying: "Oh wow. Oh wow. Oh wow."http://www.ncregister.com/blog/kschiffer/famous-last-words-of-famous-people
Martin Q. Blank
Every word I speak are the last words of the dying.
Zobel
AG
*is
schmendeler
AG
So it goes.
PacifistAg
AG
More last words:

Post removed:
by user
Post removed:
by user
PacifistAg
AG
64 People and Their Famous Last Words

Quote:

When Harriet Tubman was dying in 1913, she gathered her family around and they sang together. Her last words were, "Swing low, sweet chariot."

Quote:

Louise-Marie-Thrse de Saint Maurice, Comtesse de Vercellis let one rip while she was dying. She said, "Good. A woman who can fart is not dead."

Quote:

Murderer James W. Rodgers was put in front of a firing squad in Utah and asked if he had a last request. He replied, "Bring me a bullet-proof vest."

Quote:

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, who wrote the Sherlock Holmes stories, died at age 71 in his garden. He turned to his wife and said, "You are wonderful," then clutched his chest and died.

Quote:

Basketball great "Pistol" Pete Maravich collapsed during a pickup game. His last words: "I feel great."

Quote:

William Henry Seward, architect of the Alaska Purchase, was asked if he had any final words. He replied, "Nothing, only 'love one another.'"
Thaddeus73
AG
An Army in Heaven book
BQ78
AG
Quote:

Damn it, don't you DARE ask God to help me.

--Joan Crawford

Quote:

You will show my head to the crowd: It is worth seeing.

--Georges Danton

Quote:

If any of you have a message to give the devil, give it to me quick -- I'm about to meet him!

--Lavinia Fisher

Quote:

Shoot straight, you *******s! Don't make a mess of it!

--Harry Morant

Quote:

Go away! Last words are for fools who haven't said enough!

--Karl Marx
747Ag
AG

Quote:

Hey, watch this!

-- Darwin Award Winner
PacifistAg
AG
747Ag said:

Quote:

Hey, watch this!

-- Darwin Award Winner
747! Where have you been?!
747Ag
AG
RetiredAg said:

747Ag said:

Quote:

Hey, watch this!
-- Darwin Award Winner
747! Where have you been?!
I've been lurking some, but I've also been working my arse off, plus a busy family life. There have been some topics of interest, but I haven't had the energy to engage... even at a snarky level.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.