The Today show response

908 Views | 1 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Pro Sandy
dds08
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

This response seems so inappropriate! It's almost as if they are defending Lauer in some shape/way/form. If the allegations are true he should burn. If they are not true, the response still seems wrong.

I believe a better response should be, "this is a sad and embarrassing time for us and our network." I would have focused on the sadness (of the situation) and wrongness of the actions if true. Too early to start feeling "heartbroken" until all the facts are known and a well informed conclusion can be drawn that is true and fair to both parties in the incident.

"Heartbroken?"

If Lauer is truly guilty for taking advantage of women, the last thing he deserves is someone to feel "heartbroken" for him. They're women too. Have some backbone. If someone wrote that for them to say and forced them to use those exact words, something is terribly amiss with the entire organization. It may be time to leave.
schmendeler
AG
This is from two weeks ago...
Pro Sandy
AG
They found this out moments before going onair. I think what they expressed was truly their feelings.

I dont think it is wrong they still spoke positively about someone who they knew for years and just found out about the allegations. I'd hope friendship is deeper.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.